1. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:23
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    The bottom of one of its wheels?
    Such a point could NEVER travel forwards. At best, it would be stationary.
  2. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 10:251 edit
    Originally posted by shots314
    PLEASE EVERY BODY ( IT IS PETROL) THAT IS THE ANSWER.
    But some cars have the engine in the back, and the car could speed up because it is going downhill or something, so petrol might not need to flow faster.
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 10:271 edit
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Such a point could NEVER travel forwards. At best, it would be stationary.
    I was thinking that the point would move forwards relative to the body of the car. I think you are thinking it would be (at best) stationary relative to the surroundings of the car, I agree.
  4. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 12:59
    I was thinking that the point would move forwards relative to the body of the car. I think you are thinking it would be (at best) stationary relative to the surroundings of the car, I agree.
    In fact, thinking about it I believe that even if the car is accelerating under power and the engine is in the front. petrol flowing from the back to the front will not necessarily exceed the backward velocity of the car and so might not be going forward relative to the surroundings.
  5. Joined
    24 Jul '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:08
    In fact, thinking about it I believe that even if the car is accelerating under power and the engine is in the front. petrol flowing from the back to the front will not necessarily exceed the backward velocity of the car and so might not be going forward relative to the surroundings.
    regardless how fast the car was going backwards,petrol is flowing from the tank at the back of the car(to the front)to the engine which is in the front of the car,ie wot is going forward while the car is going backwards PETROL nothing else can go forward only PETROL
  6. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 02:22
    This puzzle is rubbish.
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 03:00
    Originally posted by shots314
    regardless how fast the car was going backwards,petrol is flowing from the tank at the back of the car(to the front)to the engine which is in the front of the car,ie wot is going forward while the car is going backwards PETROL nothing else can go forward only PETROL
    What if there was a butterfly inside the car flying from the back to the front? huh? HUH?

Bowmann is right, but he usually doesn't point out the obvious, and makes fun of those who do.
  8. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 11:50
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Bowmann is right, but he usually doesn't point out the obvious, and makes fun of those who do.
    How can one 'point out the obvious'?

Plonker.
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 11:531 edit
    A car travels from A to B at 20mph. It then returns from B to A at 30mph.

What is the average speed?
  10. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 11:58
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    A car travels from A to B at 20mph. Then it returns from B to A at 30mph.

What is the average speed?
    24 mph
  11. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 17:22
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    24 mph
    Oh. Thanks.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    04 Sep '05 07:15
    Wouldn't any liquid that's in the car be moving forward if the car is moving backwards? Or am I missing something?
  13. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    04 Sep '05 15:56
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Wouldn't any liquid that's in the car be moving forward if the car is moving backwards?
    Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree