1. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 17:16
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    8 minutes.
    Did you time yourself? That's very quick.😲. It took me that long to read the clues.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    07 Jun '03 17:181 edit
    8 minutes.
    For too long I've felt this forum hasn't been living up to its name - the balance has shifted far too much towards puzzles. Thanks goes to the royalchickman for fulfilling the poser role in this instance 😉

Only joking fella (just jealous 😀), 8 minutes is pretty special, good effort 🙂
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 01:041 edit
    Thanks...am I to anticipate a return of the sly cleverness of a squirrel?

Orkyboy...I was timed by the person who suggested the riddle. I should get him on RHP, incidentally. I had the advantage of looking at a hard copy, holding it, pacing around, making faces, enduring the torments of the poser of the puzzle (🙂), etc.
  4. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 09:55
    Thanks...am I to anticipate a return of the sly cleverness of a squirrel?

Orkyboy...I was timed by the person who suggested the riddle. I should get him on RHP, incidentally. I had the advantage of looking at a hard copy, holding it, pacing around, making faces, enduring the torments of the poser of the puzzle (🙂), etc.
    That's why I didn't get it. I wasn't making enough faces.lol. 🙄
  5. Amsterdam
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 12:06
    8 minutes.
    Haha, nice work...it took me 30 minutes...in bed that is with a pencil and paper...🙂

Olav
  6. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 22:35
    Good work 🙂.
  7. Ireland
    Moves
    09 Jun '03 23:54
    did this years ago, took me about 20min with paper and pen i think
  8. in complete
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 12:03
    11 mins (but with pen & paper)
  9. Amsterdam
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 12:26
    And it keeps getting faster...

Royalchicken, are you studying Maths or something? We should play sometime!

Olav
  10. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 17:182 edits
    I do a bit of maths myself, in a theoretical way...I'm planning on studying maths at university in a little over a year (I'm 15 now...).

When I get my games under control (I have a few too many on), I'll send you one. I'd love to play.

Grats to kody & villa 🙂!
  11. Amsterdam
    Moves
    10 Jun '03 17:39
    I do a bit of maths myself, in a theoretical way...I'm planning on studying maths at university in a little over a year (I'm 15 now...).

When I get my games under control (I have a few too many on), I'll send you one. I'd love to play.

Grats to kody & villa 🙂!
    Oke! Hope to receive it soon!😀

Olav
  12. Standard memberBarefootChessPlayer
    Barefoot Chessplayer
    central usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '03 00:354 edits

The question is:

Who owns the fish?
    it took me about an hour but i was not concentrating al that much effort (was "multitasking" in several windows) so will say it took me maybe twenty minutes of "thinking time".

i used no paper, nor did i create any sort of aid on the screen.
    my initial snag was whether "on the left" implied "adjacent and left"; i decided that it had to.

i got the easiest part first: the norwegian lives in the yellow house on the far left and smokes dunhill.
    at that time, i knew that the order of colors was one of two possibilities: y, b, g, w, r, or y, b, r, g, w.
    shortly after that, i realized that green can't be in the middle since that one's owner drinks coffee so the former arrangement is eliminated. thus, i now have the brit in the red house with birds and consuming milk with pall mall as tobacco choice. the bluemasters smoker with beer can't be the yellow, red, or green house resident. since the swede can't be in any of the first three houses (second has horse), s/he is in the green or white one, smoking bluemasters (no other combination works), drinking beer, and keeping dogs, which eliminates the green house since that one's owner is a coffee enthusiast.
    .since the blends smoker must be next to cats, s/he can't be in the green house since that one is next to neither. that puts the dane in the blue house, smoking blends, drinking tea, and owning a horse. the norwegian must then be the cat-lover and water-drinker.
    since everyone else has been placed, there is no one left for the green house but the german, drinking coffee and smoking prince, and that's where the fish must go.

i love these kinds of problems!
  13. Joined
    23 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 17:55
    hey, new to this sight. how did u get the cool animations 😀
  14. Joined
    23 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 17:58
    here's one for you 15 yr olds.

the nickle jumped over the dime. the dime jumped over the nickle. the nickle jumped over the bridge, why didn't the dime jump?lol
  15. Joined
    23 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Dec '03 18:05
    u better get that paper/pencil out. i wonder how long it is going to take u to figure this one out.lol😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree