1. Standard membertalzamir
    Art, not a Toil
    60.13N / 25.01E
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 11:57
    A game show started here a few weeks ago. It's about the recognition of the faces of celebrities, which means I would be terrible at it. But a game there has interesting mathematics. It involves six faces and six attributes. The task is to pair the two up, one attribute per face, so that each claim is true. Such as Napoleon, Ten Bears, and Sarah Palin with "Died in the 1800s", "female", and "French". One attribute can fit more than one name.. e.g. both Ten Bears and Napoleon died in the 1800s.. but there is exactly one way to get six out of six.

As I see it, the more there are false positives such as Napoleon's death in the 1800s, the harder it gets to get all the answers right. So.. if there is exactly one way to six out of six right,

* how many false positives can there be? (15 is obvious but there be more?)
    * how many false positives PER FACE can there be? (e.g. can each face fit three attributes and still there would be only one way to get six out of six right?)
    * can the answers from the above be generalized to n faces, n attributes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree