1. Club 64
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 20:28
    What is more powerful than God, eviler than the Devil, the poor have, the rich need, and if you eat it you die?
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 20:31
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    What is more powerful than God, eviler than the Devil, the poor have, the rich need, and if you eat it you die?
    Nothing. Nothing personal, but we've had this riddle about 80 times.
  3. Club 64
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 20:35
    Crap...thought I had a good one...

Well, let's try again...

A boy leaves home in the morning to go to school. At the moment he leaves the house he looks at the clock in the mirror. The clock has no number indication and for this reason the boy makes a mistake in interpreting the time (mirror-image). Just assuming the clock must be out of order, the boy cycles to school, where he arrives after twenty minutes. At that moment the clock at school shows a time that is two and a half hours later than the time that the boy saw on the clock at home.

At what time did he reach school?
  4. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 20:45
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=63709
  5. Club 64
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 21:38
    I just can't win...
  6. Club 64
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 21:45
    Okay, I got one...

A man walks into a pub and sits down at the bar, and simply orders a water. The bartender looks at the man, and then, quickly pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you," and leaves. Why did they behave this way?
  7. Joined
    13 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 22:23
    Okay, I got one...

A man walks into a pub and sits down at the bar, and simply orders a water. The bartender looks at the man, and then, quickly pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you," and leaves. Why did they behave this way?
    Hiccups. Unfortunately, this is another common riddle.
  8. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    29 Aug '07 23:02
    We should just rename this thread "Already done riddles" or "Not Good Riddles"... although that is not quite true because they are 'good', but only the first time we hear them.
  9. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 13:24
    Here is one: How can a riddle be good at first and later become not good? Is the riddle itself responsible for that by remaining the same instead of "going with the time"?
  10. Club 64
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 14:32
    Originally posted by crazyblue
    Here is one: How can a riddle be good at first and later become not good? Is the riddle itself responsible for that by remaining the same instead of "going with the time"?
    Your answer...a "good" riddle becomes a not "good" riddle through too much repetition...like all the ones I posted in this thread....

Conclusion: A riddle is only "good" if you've heard it once or twice...
  11. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 23:40
    Your answer...a "good" riddle becomes a not "good" riddle through too much repetition...like all the ones I posted in this thread....

Conclusion: A riddle is only "good" if you've heard it once or twice...
    Actually I think the real answer is a riddle is good if it is challenging. If it becomes unchallenging (through repetition - to your point), then it is no longer good.
  12. Club 64
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 01:21
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Actually I think the real answer is a riddle is good if it is challenging. If it becomes unchallenging (through repetition - to your point), then it is no longer good.
    This is true...so it's really a combination of repetition and not being challenging enough...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree