1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 15:54
    Originally posted by skeeter
    At least we contribute to the costs of posting "our drivel".
    You do not. You and the "david lynx's" are a parasite in the RHP body. There needs to be change. Free loaders should not be able to post. Thats my position.

skeeter
    In the face of threads like this, it's easy to forget that 'freeloaders' also make positive contributions to the forums. One good puzzle submitted here is "Another magic of logic" by ranjan sinha.

If 'freeloaders' never contributed anything of value to anyone, then none of us would have recs.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 16:06
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    If 'freeloaders' never contributed anything of value to anyone, then none of us would have recs.
    I don't get what you mean here.

Plus, who cares about recs? Isn't the issue the spammers that have been hitting the forum and stupid kids posting nonsense?

For the record, I am indifferent on limiting non-subscribers rights to post. If the rest of the paying forum community supports it then go ahead. However, they don't bother me in the slightest.

But skeeter is right about one thing -- You guys are freeloaders. 😛
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 18:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 18:42
    This might be a bit harsh, but I know what you are saying. Some nonstars have some good things to say. Some don't.....
  5. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:053 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I am not.
    I don't play on this site.
    I come here for the forums only.
    And King Arthur's table was round for the same reason that Roman forums were circular:
    So that we can think of a number between 1 and 500!

6. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:05
    Originally posted by skeeter
    At least we contribute to the costs of posting "our drivel".
    You do not. You and the "david lynx's" are a parasite in the RHP body. There needs to be change. Free loaders should not be able to post. Thats my position.

skeeter
    That's a bit harsh. There are clearly some "parasites" among the non-subscribers, but I would not include BDP in that group (or TandB for that matter). There are a lot of non-subscribers that make valuable contributions to the forums.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:16
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I don't get what you mean here.

Plus, who cares about recs? Isn't the issue the spammers that have been hitting the forum and stupid kids posting nonsense?

For the record, I am indifferent on limiting non-subscribers rights to post. If the rest of the paying forum community supports it then go ahead. However, they don't bother me in the slightest.

If non-subscribers get recs, that shows that some paying member thought enough of some of their posts to rec them. In other words, the posts of non-members have value to subscribers.

The issue is indeed spam, but the proposed solution (?) by skeeter is to ban all non subscribers from posting, thus taking away the rights of every non-subscriber just to stop the abuses of a few of them.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:34
    If non-subscribers get recs, that shows that some paying member thought enough of some of their posts to rec them. In other words, the posts of non-members have value to subscribers.

The issue is indeed spam, but the proposed solution (?) by skeeter is to ban [b]all
    non subscribers from posting, thus taking away the rights of every non-subscriber just to stop the abuses of a few of them.[/b]
    Thanks for clarifying. 🙂
  9. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:523 edits
    The issue is indeed spam, but the proposed solution (?) by skeeter is to ban [b]all non subscribers from posting, thus taking away the rights of every non-subscriber just to stop the abuses of a few of them.[/b]
    When skeeter gets down off his high horse he will no doubt claim that subversive, commie, freeloading parasites ain't got no rights, and that he finds the company of subscribing drivel-writers more suited to his tastes than that of non-subscribing writers of worthwhile posts.

Be afraid.
    Be very afraid.

10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 20:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 02:52
    They're more popular than you think...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21503&page=2
  12. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 08:40
    This is a great thread to read with a pickle sandwich.
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 08:44
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    When skeeter gets down off his high horse he will no doubt claim that subversive, commie, freeloading parasites ain't got no rights, and that he finds the company of subscribing drivel-writers more suited to his tastes than that of non-subscribing writers of worthwhile posts.

Be afraid.
    Be very afraid.

her
  14. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 11:49
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    her
    Well, I said be afraid, didn't I?
  15. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 14:23
    Is the number less than 250?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree