1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 Jan '05 12:17
    you move to a new town which has only 2 dentists, none of the people in the town will tell you either who their dentist is or who anyone elses dentist is.

all you know is tha half the town have really bad teeth and the other half are all perfect.

you arrange to meet both dentists before making the decision, the first dentist has really bad teeth, and the second dentists teeth are perfect.

your decision is made, which dentist do you choose and why?

please come up with something other than the one with good teeth because he has good teth, it does involve lateral thinking.
  2. in complete
    Moves
    05 Jan '05 12:33
    Originally posted by kcams
    you move to a new town which has only 2 dentists, none of the people in the town will tell you either who their dentist is or who anyone elses dentist is.

all you know is tha half the town have really bad teeth and the other half are all perfect.

you arrange to meet both dentists before making the decision, the first dentist has really bad teeth, and th ...[text shortened]... g other than the one with good teeth because he has good teth, it does involve lateral thinking.
    The one with the bad teeth, because unless they both work on themselves using a complicated system of mirrors then the one with good teeth has his gummy, halitosis afflicted colleague to thank for his own pristine, mega watted grin.

Of course, given that the townsfolk are so insular that they will not even tell me which dentist to go to, I may well actually leave altogether and my new dentist will actually be in teh totally new town I finally settle on - a town where people are not afraid to voice dental related opinions.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 15:02
    Yes, but a good dentist wouldn't have such bad teeth since prevention is a key factor.
  4. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 17:33
    Exactly...dentists don't make your teeth go bad. They merely check if you're doing a good job on keeping them clean.

I'd pick the dentist with the shiny teeth, since he knows how to keep his teeth healthy, for the other one clearly has no clue.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:11
    please come up with something other than the one with good teeth because he has good teth, it does involve lateral thinking.
    The problem ought to do a better job of steering the solver towards this 'lateral thinking'.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 18:15
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The problem ought to do a better job of steering the solver towards this 'lateral thinking'.
    LOL! I knew this one with hairdressers. It made more sense...
  7. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 19:13
    Originally posted by Palynka
    hairdressers

Same here!
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    21 Jan '05 17:361 edit

all you know is tha half the town have really bad teeth and the other half are all p ...[text shortened]... teeth because he has good teth, it does involve lateral thinking.
    There must be only two people in the village, both dentists, neither of whom can operate on themselves. So you choose the dentist with the bad teeth (who makes the teeth of the other perfect).

But why are they the only guys in town?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree