1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 04:43
    Originally posted by MrPhil
    I'm going to hazard a guess that this is a box as in boxing - a punch to the head. The locks are locks of hair around the first puncher's fist. The blow woke James who complained of pain, as you would if hit in the head, and he promptly smacked his brother in a similar fashion, returning the box.
    The lids that opened were eyes, in surprise at being wallope ...[text shortened]...

The only one I can think of from memory is : Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Phil.
    I think in England they referred to "boxing an ear" which means pinching, pulling and shaking the ear in a finger pincer grip.
  2. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 07:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I think in England they referred to "boxing an ear" which means pinching, pulling and shaking the ear in a finger pincer grip.
    The answer I found on internet was about a punch to the head, as Mr. Phil explained, though your answer seems possible as well 🙂
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 07:12
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    The answer I found on internet was about a punch to the head, as Mr. Phil explained, though your answer seems possible as well 🙂
    I'm certainly no expert on the English.
  4. Joined
    24 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 15:56
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    ...John gave his brother James a box:...
    What kind of box, then, could it be?[/b]
    A punch to his face. (The locks without key is hair.)

A square has 20 doors on each side, which contains 21 equal parts. They are numbered all round beginning at one corner. From which of the four, Nos. 9, 25, 52, 73, is the sum of the distances, to the other three, the least?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree