1. Standard memberc00ushion
    I'll take the Draw
    NewBridge,Ireland
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 18:512 edits
    This was a Game, I was in at the Beginning of playing at RHP is there anyway to Avoid mate in this game, It turned out we Accepted a Draw because It will be another 30+ moves atleast before he Could Mate my King, I was black is there anyway at all to escape?
    Game 3208335
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 20:29
    Originally posted by c00ushion
    This was a Game, I was in at the Beginning of playing at RHP is there anyway to Avoid mate in this game, It turned out we Accepted a Draw because It will be another 30+ moves atleast before he Could Mate my King, I was black is there anyway at all to escape?
    Game 3208335
    i played a game where i had the rook left and my opponent only had a bishop and there weren't any pawns on the board; it still took me a good 30+ moves to find a checkmate; taking into account you have pawns on the board as well i think a draw is a fair result...

personally, if i was white i would have tried to promote the pawn but if that failed and only rook and bishop remained, i would have went for the draw
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 21:21
    Game 3208335
    I think Black is lost in the final position. I don't see a way for him to build a fortress, nor is it easy for him to trade pawns. My plan for White is to force the King in to e7, and attack the f6 pawn with both K and R. If it moves to f5, the bK can be driven back with a Rook check. I will drive him as far away from the pawns as possible, then sack my Rook for a Bishop and pawn, leaving the last bP a sitting duck for my K to take. The remaining two wP's make it an easy win.
  4. Standard memberc00ushion
    I'll take the Draw
    NewBridge,Ireland
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 22:31
    Thanks guys, I see what you mean Swiss, I knew actually if I didnt get a Draw, this guy would mate me but not till about the 120+ move and neither one of us were up for playing another 4 days for him to mate me, Either Way he just matched me move for move if I took a pawn suddenly the next move he would, It wasnt really a trade off either because I never TRADE when im behind in either Pieces of Position, Kind of stinks because now that same guy is at a 1236 and lost a hell of alot of games doesnt say much for my Chess Ability. Well Thanks again.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 06:10
    Thanks guys, I see what you mean Swiss, I knew actually if I didnt get a Draw, this guy would mate me but not till about the 120+ move and neither one of us were up for playing another 4 days for him to mate me, Either Way he just matched me move for move if I took a pawn suddenly the next move he would, It wasnt really a trade off either because I never T ...[text shortened]... a 1236 and lost a hell of alot of games doesnt say much for my Chess Ability. Well Thanks again.
    The guy was 1700+ and it looks like he left the site - he lost tons of games by timeout.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree