missing dollar

missing dollar

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by mazziewag
the amount owing is $25, not $30. so you do not add $2 to $27 to get $29, you take it away from $27 to make the $25 that is owed, because it is taken out of the equation by the bell boy
Bringing back from the dead much?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Bringing back from the dead much?
Speaking like Yoda are we now I see?

t

Moves
02 Jun 06
1 edit

I don't see the puzzle here... It adds up fine for me, you just add an unnessecary statement on the end. The fact that the bellboy takes $2 is part of the chrage, so it's $27 + $3 returned rather than $27 + $2 that was payed to the bell boy, that $2 isn't left over.

Last time I checked 27 + 3 = 30.....

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because I'm human and I made a mistake!! Ok?

And please don't belabor the point any further by quoting the "apostrophe rules" to me. I know how to use them; I simply made an honest mistake.

At least I can admit mine.
I went to college, and I can now discuss things like evolution and photosynthesis. Bowmann may or may not have gone to college, and he can annoy people by correcting their grammar.

English is such a useless major.

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Bowmann may or may not have gone to college, and he can annoy people by correcting their grammar. English is such a useless major.
Actually, Yoda's method of speech is a perfectly legitimate grammar form, but is strange because it is seldom used (known as OVS and normal speech is SVO). So this means Bowmann isn't even good at correcting people, so what does that leave???

GP

Moves
02 Jun 06

Very old puzzle

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because I'm human and I made a mistake!! Ok?

And please don't belabor the point any further by quoting the "apostrophe rules" to me. I know how to use them; I simply made an honest mistake.

At least I can admit mine.
It hurts me, but I'm going to have to side with Bowmann here. He made no mistake to admit. And you've yet to admit you didn't realize he was just kiding, which was quite obvious to me. You seem to have a tendency to attack those who cause you to miss something rather than admit you missed it.

i

Moves
08 Jun 06

3+25 is 28 so there is no misssing dollar??

S

Moves
08 Jun 06

Nothing happened to the "extra dollar".

The men paid 27 dollars: the bell boy has 2 of these and the room cost 25.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
08 Jun 06

Originally posted by perihelion
Maybe you've heard this before...
There's no maybe about it.