Modeling a belt worker

Modeling a belt worker

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Sep 08

Originally posted by joe shmo
It would have to be load trucks while expending the least energy...

And with that previous post, I intended to say that I don't have the time to extract data to anaylze while on the job... Was that how it was understood?
It's clearer this second time around.

So, no experimental numbers to work with. You want a mathematical model of how to load trucks while expending the least energy.

Good ergonomics? I'm sure they've calculated forces on various joints bla bla bla somewhere...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Sep 08

Originally posted by coquette
Proper lifting techniques comes first (ergonomics); then, you might find some efficiencies in how you place the packages for loading and unloading; i'll be your attitude plays a huge part in this. Thus, just the desire to increase efficiency and to begin thinking about how to make improvements is the first step toward making that happen. I'm betting that yo ...[text shortened]... able progress and will ultimately find huge efficiencies that you can implement. Best of luck.
I just saw a documentary on that and at the central office level, there are huge machines that sort things out, do most of the heavy lifting and such, it's all automated like a manufacturing line of stuff so a lot of efficiency studies have already gone into it. On the other hand, it IS the US government🙂

C

Earth Prime

Moves
10 Sep 08

Are you allowed to listen to headphones while working at UPS?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by Coconut
Are you allowed to listen to headphones while working at UPS?
I would suppose so....We listen to a radio, I don't see where personalized music would be a problem....🙂