1. Munster
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 18:48
    I wonder which country is most represented on rph?

😲
  2. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 19:16
    Originally posted by Patrick97
    I wonder which country is most represented on rph?

😲
    Do you mean by flag or by where a player lives? Many players reside in one country but display the flag of another - a country which they identify with more.

Mathematically I would expect USA to top the numbers because it has the biggest internet-using population (I think).
  3. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by Mixo
    Mathematically I would expect USA to top the numbers because it has the biggest internet-using population (I think).
    They nevertheless seem to be under-represented on playchess.com
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 20:51
    I think so too.

But counted as members as compared with their number of inhabitants, I think United Kingdom are most active.

But then we have to discard Antarctica. They have more players there than inhabitants. (If you're not counting the ones dressed in black tuxedos and have eggs between their feet.)
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 22:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    [b]I think so too.

But counted as members as compared with their number of inhabitants, I think United Kingdom are most active.
    I wish they applied this logic at the Olympic Games! UK has similar size and population to California. How would we compare in the medals table then? 😀
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 23:031 edit
    Rubbish, the population of the UK is almost double that of California. Though the total weight of the inhabitants is probably about the same.
  7. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 16:45
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    [b]Rubbish, the population of the UK is almost double that of California. b]
    Is that the actual populationof California or the official population? I was surprised at never seeing hispanic people in episodes of Buffy or Angel. Is someone pretending migrant workers don't exist?
  8. Shanghai
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 12:14
    I wish they applied this logic at the Olympic Games! UK has similar size and population to California. How would we compare in the medals table then? 😀
    You can get a list of olympic medals compared to country size (australia would be far better than the UK. Actually I think our total population is about 25% of the USA so we are a crowded country).

I think Lichtenstein (or however it is spelt) has the best olympic record compared to its size. They have won 9 medals with a population just over 30000

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree