1. Earth Prime
    Moves
    18 May '06 01:50
    Originally posted by Gastel
    *Eyes Rolling* That was the WORST show and made even more so because it replaced the best show 'Strange Luck'.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just ordered season 3 on DVD
  2. Joined
    03 May '06
    Moves
    18 May '06 09:42
    You havn't lived untill you've survived hitting the floor at terminal velocity.
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 May '06 19:21
    Originally posted by thespacemonkey
    You havn't lived untill you've survived hitting the floor at terminal velocity.
    Perhaps when you hit the ground, in that moment, a parallel universe was created. In the Original universe with it's standard set of physical laws you actually died. However, in this other parallel universe it had a slightly different set of physical laws which allowed you to survive the fall.

So really, you are dead to everyone you know in the Original universe and all of us in this parallel universe owe our existence to you being too dumb to not pack your chute right! ):->
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '06 06:48
    The interesting thing is to know weather we live in the original universe or in a parallell.
    How does it feel to live in a parallel universe? Worse, I imagine.
  5. Joined
    08 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 14:53
    one thing that i saw on a sci-fi show ounce that makes sence is that anytime anyone makes a choice a new universe i created do to the fact that you could have made any decision. therefore there are infinant universes that exist because of your choise.

in other words, when i chose to type this, it created a new universe where i did not type it at the same instant. any ideas, P.M. me
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 May '06 18:26
    Originally posted by sofar55
    one thing that i saw on a sci-fi show ounce that makes sence is that anytime anyone makes a choice a new universe i created do to the fact that you could have made any decision. therefore there are infinant universes that exist because of your choise.

in other words, when i chose to type this, it created a new universe where i did not type it at the same instant. any ideas, P.M. me
    That was a Star Trek episode
  7. Joined
    12 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 19:45
    Supposing that 'God', 'the universe', 'cosmic consciousness', or whatever you want to call it, is infinite, then all possibilities must be expressed or at least have an opportunity to be expressed. Therefore where must these possibilities find expression but in multiple universes? Whether they are parallel or not, who knows? My theory is that how the universe is similar to the make-up of an atom there are numerous universes within a blade of grass and we are probably just a universe within a grain a sand in some other universe... it will be interesting as science discovers more powerful ways of looking out and looking within.
  8. Joined
    03 May '06
    Moves
    20 May '06 14:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The interesting thing is to know weather we live in the original universe or in a parallell.
    How does it feel to live in a parallel universe? Worse, I imagine.
    Surely as they all coexist there is no "original" universe. There is either universe X, Y, Z (whatever) that are all independant of each other, and thus none can be called original, as they all were "born" and occur at the same time, or there is like a branch system where everything eminates from a trunk, like a tree with multiple different outcomes, you couldnt sight one branch of a tree as "the original branch". Either that or there is a hypothesis already sighted by Gastel that says that we are currently in the 8th cycle of the big bang/ big crush, but then, even with that there are theories knocking about that time is an illusion and all time; past, present and future occur now, thus making it hard to truely identify the original universe anyway.
  9. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    20 May '06 16:46
    Originally posted by sofar55

Maybe there was a universe where you were able to spell and use punctuation properly? That universe would be truly bizarre!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 May '06 17:181 edit
    I am God!

When I flip a coin, it can land on one side or another, and in this very moment a whole new universe is created whith the opposite outcome in this coinflipping from the one in our universe.

I am the creator of a brand new universe, therefore I am God.

It is easy to be religous...
  11. Joined
    03 May '06
    Moves
    21 May '06 01:11
    You all realise this whole universes-being-created-everytime-someone makes-a-decision has ABSOLUOTELY no basis in anything other than sci-fi, right? As it is only a plot device there is little point humouring it with any real conversation, right?
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    21 May '06 05:09
    You all realise this whole universes-being-created-everytime-someone makes-a-decision has ABSOLUOTELY no basis in anything other than sci-fi, right? As it is only a plot device there is little point humouring it with any real conversation, right?
    If we don't talk about it here, then it's being talked about in another dimention.

I'm not sure if I believe the diverging universe idea, or the idea that there are finite dimentions and we have just yet to explore them.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 May '06 07:51
    You all realise this whole universes-being-created-everytime-someone makes-a-decision has ABSOLUOTELY no basis in anything other than sci-fi, right?
    As I understand the whole thing it's just interpretations of the outcome of some equations, kind of symmetries that imply that our universe forks into separate universes in certain circumstances.

AS the theroy has no idea at all how to communicate between these universes it has no releveance in reality if there exists parallel universes or not.

In our universe it perhaps exist parallel universes, in others perhaps not.
    In our universe it exist some humouring about this concept, in a parallel universe perhaps not.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:59
    It's useful when discussing philosophical topics.
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    26 May '06 22:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's useful when discussing philosophical topics.
    How so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree