1. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 20:154 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ok kids, here is one not so hard:
    Farmer has mixed messages here, trying to figure out how many gallons his fields got during a recent rain, there was one inch of rain and he has 1000 hectares of land that just received that amount of rainfall, so how many gallons of water does that represent?
    Google it!
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?%3Aofficial_s&q=1000+hectare+inches+in+us+gallons
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?%3Aofficial_s&q=1000+hectare+inches+in+uk+gallons
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 20:42
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You lose. Both the HMS Shannon and the USS Chesapeake were frigates not galleons.
    You can't prove that now. They sailed away.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 21:06
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    You can't prove that now. They sailed away.
    Last time I looked, they were both still there. The crew must be asleep.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 06:11
    Xanth, I agree completely, gallons, any variety, is inferior as a system to metric. If you specify those units in feet, inches, acres and gallons you go through hoops to end up with the correct answer. What I am wondering, could there be something more going on here, like some kind of anti-UK/US backlash simply because thats where they were used the most? I ...[text shortened]... h countries and for good reasons but do think that dislike spills over to units of measure also?
    First you agree that imperial is inferior in every way to metric and then you ask if it's some global snub that people use the metric system over the antiquated US/UK system? 😕
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 16:18
    First you agree that imperial is inferior in every way to metric and then you ask if it's some global snub that people use the metric system over the antiquated US/UK system? 😕
    Well some parts of the world stick to the old stupid units for sure, Maybe I am just sniffing up the wrong tree.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 18:25
    254 000 000 litres

Any other answer is stupid as it uses inferior units.
    I don't know about gallons and litres but you could fill 304 800 000 hollowed out hot dogs with all that water.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 20:00
    Originally posted by uzless
    I don't know about gallons and litres but you could fill 304 800 000 hollowed out hot dogs with all that water.
    So each hot dog gets about 2/3 of a litre of water. Now THATS a bigass hotdog!
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 20:34
    So each hot dog gets about 2/3 of a litre of water. Now THATS a bigass hotdog!
    we like our hot dogs big in Canada
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 02:25
    Originally posted by uzless
    we like our hot dogs big in Canada
    That must mean you have big buns too......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree