Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    25 Dec '07 14:40
    I made my gf a cup of tea today and she complained that
    I'd put the milk in after the water. Without having tasted it,
    how did she know?
  2. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    29 Dec '07 15:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    I made my gf a cup of tea today and she complained that
    I'd put the milk in after the water. Without having tasted it,
    how did she know?
    This is true.

    Tea tastes better if the milk is put in atfer the teabag has vacated the vessel.

    If milk is added to tea whilst the teabag is present ,the milk reacts with the teabag sack to give a taste that is know in the industry as teabag taint.

    I once had a g/f too. She often complained that I didnt make her tea with Love and dedication.

    Whats your G/f s name?
  3. 29 Dec '07 15:33
    gf? g/f? Does this mean grandfather? Then why "what's her name"?
  4. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    29 Dec '07 15:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    gf? g/f? Does this mean grandfather? Then why "what's her name"?
    My G/f dressed in womens clothes and liked to be refered to as a woman.
  5. Standard member thyme
    Undutchable
    29 Dec '07 18:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    I made my gf a cup of tea today and she complained that
    I'd put the milk in after the water. Without having tasted it,
    how did she know?
    The English way to make tea, is it to boil the milk with the teabag in and then dilute with water till the teaspoon no longer remainst standing upright in the mixture.
  6. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    30 Dec '07 11:23
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    This is true.

    Tea tastes better if the milk is put in atfer the teabag has vacated the vessel.

    If milk is added to tea whilst the teabag is present ,the milk reacts with the teabag sack to give a taste that is know in the industry as teabag taint.

    I once had a g/f too. She often complained that I didnt make her tea with Love and dedication.

    Whats your G/f s name?
    Aye, but the question is, 'without having tasted it'.
  7. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    30 Dec '07 11:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    gf? g/f? Does this mean grandfather? Then why "what's her name"?
    Girlfriend, later to become good friend and later still, gone forever.

    edit. I find it useful NOT to use real names in a relationship ;-)
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    30 Dec '07 12:01
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    I made my gf a cup of tea today and she complained that
    I'd put the milk in after the water. Without having tasted it,
    how did she know?
    Maybe the milk curdled from the heat.
  9. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    30 Dec '07 12:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Maybe the milk curdled from the heat.
    Good guess but, nope.
  10. 30 Dec '07 12:20
    Could she have been watching you?
  11. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    30 Dec '07 12:26
    Originally posted by beermonkey
    Could she have been watching you?
    Oh yeah, always with the watching but no. It's not a trick question
    and has a very logical answer.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    30 Dec '07 12:28
    There was a visible pattern of milk inside the water. When you add the water, it just dilutes the milk. It doesn't make swirly patterns as it does the other way.
  13. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    30 Dec '07 12:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    There was a visible pattern of milk inside the water. When you add the water, it just dilutes the milk. It doesn't make swirly patterns as it does the other way.
    Nup, only tend to get girls with v.poor eyesight these days.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    30 Dec '07 12:39
    The cup's hot.
  15. Standard member Thequ1ck
    Fast above
    30 Dec '07 12:43 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The cup's hot.
    Explain?