The Number Manipulation Game

The Number Manipulation Game

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by wolfgang59
But you are not manipulating numbers as indicated by title! You are manipulating people ... something we all do on a day to day basis.

eg
I go to a shop and ask for some bread. The shopkeeper is manipulated into giving me some. We ALL do what we think we ought - its no big deal, it aint big & it aint clever,
WoW. Actually, the title is perfect. The 'game' involves numbers and manipulation, so it is a Number Manipulation 'game'. You never actually have a monopoly in MONOPOLY, there is no real candy in CANDYLAND, you never actually find a real job in CAREERS, real diplomacy is not effected by DIPLOMACY and no mice are ever trapped in MOUSE TRAP. The names are there to give a suggestion of the contents, or simulated situation, but they can never be taken literally.

And if you come into my shop, I am not 'manipulated' into giving you bread. Get a dictionary, look up the word and post it here for reference sake, you might find that your knowledge of its denotation and connotation are lacking.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
07 May 08

Originally posted by Gastel
Yes there was a pattern. Not a mathematical pattern, or a fabric pattern, but a psychological pattern. Some people added numbers in an attempted to show that there could not be a pattern (20, 333 followed by 332).

Take a look at Thread 55031 and you will see a similar study.
I actually won that one by not posting in there :p

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
07 May 08

Originally posted by TheMaster37
I actually won that one by not posting in there :p
I thought that might have been you.

T

ALG

Moves
08 May 08