1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '03 17:371 edit
    Originally posted by Toe
    Wheezer: In the Garage.

But have you heard Supersonic's "D'n'D"?
    Pretends a bit to be a forlorn love song, but basically , all about playing D&D. lol.
    I've got that on my computer... I did make the connection in the title, but didn't realize any connection in the song... MUST GO INVESTIGATE!

Phla-

EDIT Semisonic! 😉
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 06:30
    Make a spinning top with the numbers printed on the corners of the side with the handle on it. It would be like a four sided die with a handle to spin it sticking out of the center of one of the faces. The other three faces might be elongated or something.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Nov '04 04:571 edit
    Take a (American) football and, looking at it down its long center axis (top-to-bottom), divide it into six pie pieces. Take out pieces 1, 3, and 5 which should be considerably bigger than pieces 2, 4, and 6. Write 1, 2, and 3 on the surfaces of the football's remaining three pieces. The toss will always be fair (unlike the short cylinder), and the number rolled would be clear (although the die would rock back and forth on its axis even after the number is deterimined).

I like the top idea, too, but a top doesn't meet the criteria for being a die, I think.

Nemesio
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '04 21:54
    ...or you could simply use a six-sided die.
  5. Joined
    18 Dec '02
    Moves
    07 Dec '04 15:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Are we not a bunch of geeks! A friend of mine had a 100 sided die for percentages... it was a little smaller than a golf ball and would take several seconds to stop and finally land on one of the match-head sized sides.

Phla-
    ...but then there is not an equal chance of it landing on each face?!?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Dec '04 23:19
    Originally posted by Glenton
    ...but then there is not an equal chance of it landing on each face?!?
    I've seen those. Yes, it has an equal chance of landing on each face. Think of it as a sphere with 100 equally spaced flat faces. I think they're circular, but I am not sure. In between the flat faces the sphere remains curved. It's like someone sliced off 100 little slivers of skin off an orange.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree