1. Joined
    28 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 19:16
    I'd like to introduce you to a free online turn-based strategy game that I helped create. (runs in the browser with nothing to download) It's a fun divergence for when you're not playing chess. We think it's a little like chess, but you can blow stuff up! 🙂

Check it out and let me know what you think. it can be found at ThreshWars.com (I play as Kaiyas and Gannedov - let's play!)

(I did a lot of the art on the project - small team of about 7 people total)

-j
  2. Joined
    28 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 09:391 edit
    I think its a bit dodgy that you are advertising your game here, especially in the wrong forum.
    however you are obviously proud of your creation so I went and had a look.
    The front page tells me nothing about your game aside from that you have funky graphics.
    I have no idea what the game is about, or if its likely to be my thing.
    I'm wary of logging in to stuff if I don't know what I'm getting.

You should put up some screen shots, or maybe enable a guest login.
    Perhaps you could allow players to battle the computer anonymously on a couple of demo levels.

Hope this helps you some.

Phil

Edit: by signing in I apparently agree to the terms of service. You ought to have those available from the homepage.
  3. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 20:51
    Oh, all power to him - it's nearly impossible to advertise small projects these days - you've got to be in that damn rich 1/2 percent of the population I keep hearing about to legally advertise anywhere. It's not like he's just spamming random forums all over the web (and even if he were, that's hardly effective advertising). He's just openly asking for opinions and tailored his post to these forums.

I took a look at the site. Any front page that requires me to register without learning what I'm registering for is an immediate "back button" for me.

You should either have plentiful screenshots and text describing the gameplay, or better, allow people to log in with just a login name as a guest -- and let them register later if they like the trial. Otherwise they'll never check it out. And that was the case for me, I didn't make it past the first page.
  4. Fichtekränzi
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 21:50
    Originally posted by joneschr
    Oh, all power to him - it's nearly impossible to advertise small projects these days - you've got to be in that damn rich 1/2 percent of the population I keep hearing about to legally advertise anywhere. It's not like he's just spamming random forums all over the web (and even if he were, that's hardly effective advertising). He's just openly asking for o ...[text shortened]... er check it out. And that was the case for me, I didn't make it past the first page.
    Same to me.
    Just tried your site, but I will never ever give a real email address just
    for trying a site. So I would have to create a temporary email address,
    just to see, whats your site about.

If you changed that and created a guest login, feel free to pm me,
    I will try it and send you feet back
  5. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 16:07
    It's not hard to have a temporary email address. Just use spamgourmet.com
  6. Joined
    28 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 12:361 edit
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    It's not hard to have a temporary email address. Just use spamgourmet.com
    This is a very important point. Of four people that replied, three are put off by the login setup and introductory information. They are potentially turning away 75% of their audience.
    Not everybody has the knowhow or desire to create temporary email addresses.

You have to make it super easy for the visitor; other sites are only a click away.

Phil.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 06:40
    Pretty cool graphics, TOS link on the first page, Link to a Blog, more information about the game. Nicely done.

Next: Some form of very limited demo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree