none, flamingoes can't fly
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Feb '05 01:06
    Originally posted by ark13
    none, flamingoes can't fly
    The problem said that there were flamingoes flying over the lake. Flamingoes can't talk, either, but apparently in this situation they did.
  3. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    05 Feb '05 01:08
    Or if you just ignore that fact and do the algebra, it's 36 flamingoes, but that's no fun.🙂
  4. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    05 Feb '05 01:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The problem said that there were flamingoes flying over the lake. Flamingoes can't talk, either, but apparently in this situation they did.
    That's true too so this situation really isn't plausible and you're right that they problem specifically said they were flying. But since it was in the trick questions thread I figured that the answer would not be; 'this situation is not only impossible but the problem is contridictory to reality. If flamingoes could fly the answer would be 36, but since they can't, this problem has no answer and was a senseless waste of your time.' Now that would be a great trick question.

Actually it would be pretty funny to post something that doesn't have an answer to drive people crazy. Not that I would do that or anything😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree