Union Jack puzzle

Union Jack puzzle

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tao Temple

Moves
19 Aug 06

Originally posted by NZDrifter
Is the other flag the red cross over white backround?

Perhaps this is because of the prevailent christan heritage of England?
While we wait for the Union Jack answer, what about the flag of England? To me it looks like it belongs to the Scandinavian set - Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland. Does anyone know whether it originated when this land was run by the Danes?

t

Moves
20 Aug 06

Originally posted by Mixo
While we wait for the Union Jack answer, what about the flag of England? To me it looks like it belongs to the Scandinavian set - Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland. Does anyone know whether it originated when this land was run by the Danes?
I don't know exactly, but it is the flag of St. George, so I doubt it has anything to do with when the Danes occupied parts of the UK, and the flag of St. George only applies to England, not the whole of the country. I do however know that the Scottish flag... the diagonal white cross on the blue background is the flag of St. Andrew, and that was because it was a cloud formation he saw before a battle. Anyway... back to the point, I wreckon that they all have crosses because they are all christian countries and all have saints associated, not because they share heritage.

Keeps

Shanghai

Moves
21 Aug 06

Originally posted by English Tal
Union Jack=Only on ships
Union Flag=Flag of GB and NI
UK=Eng/Scot/Wal/NI
GB=Eng/Scot/Wal

The answer must be there somewhere! (I guess using maths, then NI is involved. NI doesnt have a constituent part in the flag for reasons long forgotten..)
The diagnal red on the union flag is meant to represent NI.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
21 Aug 06

Originally posted by deriver69
The diagnal red on the union flag is meant to represent NI.
No it was intended to represent the Kingdom of Ireland. Northern Ireland as an entity did not exist in 1800.

c
Copyright ©2001-2006

Eastbourne

Moves
28 Aug 06

yea . someone got it . ^^^