Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 05 Jan '08 17:56
    if you're driving your car and put the indicator on and no other drivers are around to see it, does it still flash?
  2. 05 Jan '08 18:32
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it falling, does it make a sound?
  3. 05 Jan '08 20:25
    My god kbaumen, that's a completely new take. I never thought of that. Someone get me a defillibrator.
  4. 05 Jan '08 20:44
    Originally posted by mjolnir
    My god kbaumen, that's a completely new take. I never thought of that. Someone get me a defillibrator.
    I was making a point (perhaps a bit unclear one) that the given problem is the same as the one I posted which has been posted here a million times.
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    05 Jan '08 21:29
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    if you're driving your car and put the indicator on and no other drivers are around to see it, does it still flash?
    I have just tried this experimentally. With my car in the garage and no other drivers around I put the indicator on. I could clearly see the reflection of the indicator flashing!!!

I expect my Nobel Prize in the post.
  6. 06 Jan '08 23:34
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    I was making a point (perhaps a bit unclear one) that the given problem is the same as the one I posted which has been posted here a million times.
    i think you're a bit slow on the joke my friend
  7. 06 Jan '08 23:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I have just tried this experimentally. With my car in the garage and no other drivers around I put the indicator on. I could clearly see the reflection of the indicator flashing!!!

yes, i tried it as well, you're right, it does.... i can rest easy now and move on with my life
  8. 14 Jan '08 17:06
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it falling, does it make a sound?
    how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if would chuck wood chuck
  9. 14 Jan '08 17:22
    If a thread is posted but no one reads it - is it still a thread?
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    14 Jan '08 17:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If a thread is posted but no one reads it - is it still a thread?
    pwahahahahahah! You got my rec wth this one.
  11. 14 Jan '08 17:36
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

But you are a driver. The question is really, can an indicator come on if no driver is around to see it.
  12. 15 Jan '08 16:48
    Originally posted by Gastel
    But you are a driver. The question is really, can an indicator come on if no driver is around to see it.
    If however the car in question is a BWM the whole discussion becomes purely academic as everyone knows that BMW's are incapable of indication.