Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 10 Jan '06 13:54
    Find the six-digit number in which the first digit is one less than the second, the third digit is half the second, the fourth digit is three times the third and the last two digits are the sum of the fourth and fifth. The sum of all the digits is 24.
  2. 10 Jan '06 14:02
    Originally posted by lausey
    Find the six-digit number in which the first digit is one less than the second, the third digit is half the second, the fourth digit is three times the third and the last two digits are the sum of the fourth and fifth. The sum of all the digits is 24.
  3. 10 Jan '06 14:13
    Originally posted by fetofs
    Ok, was too easy.
  4. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    10 Jan '06 23:28
    By a totally staggering coincidence, that is also the telephone number of an Islington flat where I once went to a very good party and met a very nice girl whom I instantly succeeded to get off with.
  5. 10 Jan '06 23:34
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    By a totally staggering coincidence, that is also the telephone number of an Islington flat where I once went to a very good party and met a very nice girl whom I instantly succeeded to get off with.
    ahhhh, so it was YOU. You now have a son called Jake.
  6. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    12 Jan '06 01:52
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Arthur?