Copycat.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=48736#post_875661
    lol.. I didn't notice that
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 09:04
    Originally posted by name2invalid
    ..about this paragraph? --
    "Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, ...[text shortened]... 1930's
    -Nothing is really wrong with the paragraph.. it is just unusual though. Why?
    This is pretty easy and i did not google it. The answer is that there is no "the" in the whole paragraph.
  3. Starbucks
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 09:10
    Originally posted by R0ckstar
    This is pretty easy and i did not google it. The answer is that there is no "the" in the whole paragraph.
    almost got it... there is more to it than that. Yes you can google it. It isn't hard to find. I just thought this was interesting.
  4. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 09:20
    almost got it... there is more to it than that.
    Don't you mean less? His rule implies (my guess at) yours.
  5. Starbucks
    Moves
    03 Aug '06 09:21
    Originally posted by ThudanBlunder
    yes sorry.
  6. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 15:18
    VEry intErEsting. I havE sEEn somEthing similar though. It's Easy whEn you know what to look for, othErwisE it's prEtty darn difficult :p
  7. Joined
    25 May '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 22:24
    It's not that difficult, although I'd seen something similar before. There aren't that many things that it could be, especially coming from the sort of people who post on this forum. A more interesting idea for a novel is the one that is palindromic (i.e.the entire book can be read either way)
    Probably much harder to write, as well. The only interesting palindrome i know offhand is "Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas" for the sheer complexity of the words in it.
  8. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 02:43
    Such compositions are called lipograms.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 15:14
    ..about this paragraph? --
    "Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, ...[text shortened]... 1930's
    -Nothing is really wrong with the paragraph.. it is just unusual though. Why?
    Gatsby had no legs.
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 17:11
    Originally posted by ThudanBlunder
    Silly me, no 'the's does not imply no e's. 😳
  11. AZ
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 17:41
    I had to Google the answer, but it is very interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree