Moves
    24 Jan '05 17:14
    Originally posted by RaulGroom
    n/t
    You mean "tnt".
  3. Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 17:22
    haha, you're on the right track, my friend...
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 17:49
    c2-"C4"?
  5. Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 17:52
    Well, ok. It's a little funnier if you just say:

1.c4!

I guess it's not that funny no matter how you say it. Never mind.
  6. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 18:00
    I originally thought the anus was the most explosive opening, considering all the experience I've had firing into the toilet bowl like a shotgun, but after reading all the chunk blowing stories on the "Dirty Secrets" thread, the mouth may have taken first place.

Oh, for those of you who are offended by the word "poopy", this post never happened.
    😛
  7. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 18:06
    How about the Danish Gambit? Like the danish gambit I had last week, courtesy of Bregmann's Sandwich Shop. I definitely gave up some material for a good position that day.
  8. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 21:47
    Now that I've made a few poop jokes, I feel comfortable talking about chess.

I really do think the Danish Gambit is one of the most explosive openings. For those who have never played it, the mood is tense, pices fly around and off the board, and it always looks like you're in trouble when (hopefully) it's the other guy who's in a pinch.

Gambits have to be the most explosive. Other than that, I think 1. e4 can lead to dramatic active play (like the Ruy Lopez). I don't think the English opening (1. c4) leads to half as many wild games. It's considered drawish, isn't it?
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Jan '05 04:25
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Now that I've made a few poop jokes, I feel comfortable talking about chess.

I really do think the Danish Gambit is one of the most explosive openings. For those who have never played it, the mood is tense, pices fly around and off the board, and it always looks like you're in trouble when (hopefully) it's the other guy who's in a pinch.

Gambits have ...[text shortened]... English opening (1. c4) leads to half as many wild games. It's considered drawish, isn't it?
    I'll have to go with Fried Liver.

Nemesio
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '05 11:26
    For black, the Latvian Gambit opens the game to a lot of bloodcurdling lines that almost defy analysis. 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f5!? Play this opening and watch the fireworks, fantastic complications are the order of the day, no such thing as a quiet line in the Latvian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree