Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member jfkjmh
    nice one
    02 Aug '05 20:43

    I like the crazy style.
  2. 02 Aug '05 21:16
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    [fen]8/8/2bBQb2/2KppB2/2ppNk2/2rpRp2/8/8 w 0 1[/fen]
    I like the crazy style.
    Crazy, yes, but not a real challenge.
  3. 02 Aug '05 21:34
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Crazy, yes, but not a real challenge.
    Please show me the solution!
  4. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    03 Aug '05 02:28
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    [fen]8/8/2bBQb2/2KppB2/2ppNk2/2rpRp2/8/8 w 0 1[/fen]
    I like the crazy style.
    1. Qxf6+

    Mephisto is right, it isn't really a challenge.
  5. 03 Aug '05 08:24
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    1. Qxf6+

    Mephisto is right, it isn't really a challenge.
    1.Qxf6 doesn't give, though

    But it is the right first move.
  6. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    03 Aug '05 09:16
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    1.Qxf6 doesn't give, though

    But it is the right first move.
    You're right, Qxf6 isn't a check.
  7. 03 Aug '05 09:41
    1. Qxf6 de: or
    1. Qxf6 Ke3:
  8. 03 Aug '05 13:01
    Originally posted by propawnkiller
    1. Qxf6 de: or
    1. Qxf6 Ke3:
    1.Qxf6 dxe 2.Re1
    or
    1.Qxf6 Kxe3 2.Qg5+
  9. 05 Aug '05 22:13
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    1.Qxf6 dxe 2.Re1
    or
    1.Qxf6 Kxe3 2.Qg5+
    Ok.
    So it's 2. Re1 f2 3. B:e5+ Kf3 4. Bh3#
    2. Qg5+(Qh6+) Ke2 3. Qd2+ Kf1 4. Qf2#
  10. Standard member jfkjmh
    nice one
    08 Aug '05 12:26
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Crazy, yes, but not a real challenge.
    Are all those interested as good as you? If so, I'm not sure if I have any real challenges. I might check this. For now, it will stay crazy.
  11. Standard member jfkjmh
    nice one
    08 Aug '05 12:32
  12. 08 Aug '05 13:28
    White is slightly better (or what was the question?).
  13. 08 Aug '05 15:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    White is slightly better (or what was the question?).
    I'm confident that this is another "White to mate in 4 moves" as the title indicates. You knew that, right?
  14. 08 Aug '05 15:24
    Originally posted by propawnkiller
    I'm confident that this is another "White to mate in 4 moves" as the title indicates. You knew that, right?
    Yes, sorry for the bad joke. This one is actually more of a challenge than the previous one.
  15. 15 Aug '05 00:08
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    [fen]4b3/4K3/2p3p1/3pkp2/1p5p/4p3/RR4RR/RRR2RRR[/fen]
    1. Tb3 f4 2. Rg5+ Ke4 3. Rh4: moves 4. R1f4:# or
    1. ... d4 2. Rc5+ Ke4 3. Rh4: f4 4. R1h4:#