1. In Christ
    Moves
    07 May '07 19:10
    Wait...are we supposed to be answering our own questions, or othere people's?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 May '07 21:49
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    The official thread rules:

1. Pose your own "why did the . . . .?" question.
    2. Answer the questions from others.
    3. Critique the discussion to search for core truths and insights.
    4. Laugh and yourself and others. 😀
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves

4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves

5. Joined
    19 Feb '07
    Moves
    07 May '07 22:12
    I know its not really following the rules lol but this has always been my fav one 🙂

Why did the cat cross the road?

Because it was stapled to the chickens back.

I laugh so much every time I hear it lol
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 May '07 00:03
    Well, everything seems well and good, but there are no new questions! I'll throw one out there and hope the next poster has one of their own.

Why did the mouse run away from the cheese?
    Why did the mouse run away from the cheese? hmmmm . . . . well, i haven't a clue. I have some thoughts that I might share, after hearing the "offical" answer, or good answers from others . . .otherwise . . i just don't know.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 May '07 00:05
    Originally posted by Nicky4815
    I know its not really following the rules lol but this has always been my fav one 🙂

Why did the cat cross the road?

Because it was stapled to the chickens back.

I laugh so much every time I hear it lol
    I don't think that this one really counts. I don't suspect that cats being stapled to the backs of chickens is something that anyone really envisions. also, i doubt that a chicken that has a cat stapled to it's back is actually going to have any interest in crossing some road. it just doesn't work for me. sorry.
  8. Joined
    25 Mar '07
    Moves
    08 May '07 00:46
    Well the mouse is obviously living in the U.S., because as we all know, the first "Why did the ..." question posed as a humorous and rhetorical question was first asked by John Matthews in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1673. Therefore the cheese is American cheese because other types of cheese were not imported until 1702. And since all American cheese is wrapped up in individual slices in thin, clear plastic, the mouse could not smell the cheese and ran away searching for another food source.
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    08 May '07 03:06
    Originally posted by XZantoth
    Well the mouse is obviously living in the U.S., because as we all know, the first "Why did the ..." question posed as a humorous and rhetorical question was first asked by John Matthews in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1673. Therefore the cheese is American cheese because other types of cheese were not imported until 1702. And since all American cheese is wrapped u ...[text shortened]... plastic, the mouse could not smell the cheese and ran away searching for another food source.
    When did cheese slices get classified as food? Blasphemy!!!

Next you'll be saying that Budweiser (... the US product) is really beer! 🙄

...and I was reliably informed that only a blundering idiot could have thought that this thread was moronic 😵
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 May '07 04:20
    Originally posted by XZantoth
    Well the mouse is obviously living in the U.S., because as we all know, the first "Why did the ..." question posed as a humorous and rhetorical question was first asked by John Matthews in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1673. Therefore the cheese is American cheese because other types of cheese were not imported until 1702. And since all American cheese is wrapped u ...[text shortened]... plastic, the mouse could not smell the cheese and ran away searching for another food source.
    okay, if your "facts" are true, then I, for one, did not know any of those tidbits of americana. I like it.
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 May '07 04:25
    Originally posted by widget
    When did cheese slices get classified as food? Blasphemy!!!

Next you'll be saying that Budweiser (... the US product) is really beer! 🙄

...and I was reliably informed that only a blundering idiot could have thought that this thread was moronic 😵
    Well, see, in the good ol' usa, we tend to classify lots of things as "food" that, strangely, have no nutritional value, and are, in all truth, more toxic than harmless. anyway, as to your second point, it is true, americans do think of Budweisser as beer . .. but we blame that on the germans . . and, come on! . .those work horses are incredible ..and talking frogs . .how can you NOT love Bud! give us a break.

as to the thread, the jury is out . . . . moronic, idiotic, imbecillic, idyllic, pathetic, pathognomic, agnostic, whatever, it hasn't been decided yet . . .

so, widget, fulfill the remainder of your obligation. where is your "why did the . . . . ?" question?

😀
  12. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    08 May '07 12:34
    Originally posted by coquette
    ....so, widget, fulfill the remainder of your obligation. where is your "why did the . . . . ?" question? 😀
    😵 Why did the turkey cross the road?

It was the chicken's day off. 😞 😞 😞
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '07 12:56
    Why did the chicken walk across the road?

Roads have not been around long enough for chicken to associate a road with danger. For instance, replace the road with a river or an ocean the chicken's evolutionary instincts kick in, and it knows not to cross, so the answer is: The chicken walked across the road, because it could not conceptualize its existence and therefore the perplexing problem the road created involving it's existence, if it had realized these things it would have ran across the road! 😉
  14. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 May '07 23:07
    Originally posted by widget
    😵 Why did the turkey cross the road?

It was the chicken's day off. 😞 😞 😞
    THAT was an absolutely brilliant answer! Deep, thoughtful, insightful, contemplative, meaningful. Think about it! It was the chicken's day off. Could it be any clearer? The concept might form the basis of a new religion, or at minimum, a philosphical school of thought.

And here, all along, I thought it was just for fowl purposes.
  15. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    09 May '07 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    THAT was an absolutely brilliant answer! Deep, thoughtful, insightful, contemplative, meaningful. Think about it! It was the chicken's day off. Could it be any clearer? The concept might form the basis of a new religion, or at minimum, a philosphical school of thought.

And here, all along, I thought it was just for fowl purposes.
    ... surely you mean those tiny mean-minded cetaceans?

... foul porpoises 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree