Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    20 Jul '05 18:59 / 1 edit
    Heres the word
    Psychrometer
    what is it?
    I just ran across it, didn't injure it too much though.
  2. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    20 Jul '05 19:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Heres the word
    Psychrometer
    what is it?
    I just ran across it, didn't injure it too much though.
    Google to the resuce:

    psy·chrom·e·ter
    n.

    An instrument that uses the difference in readings between two thermometers, one having a wet bulb and the other having a dry bulb, to measure the moisture content or relative humidity of air.

    (from Dictionary.com)

    And here's how to make one!

    http://www.miamisci.org/hurricane/psychrometer.html
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    20 Jul '05 21:30
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Google to the resuce:

    psy·chrom·e·ter
    n.

    An instrument that uses the difference in readings between two thermometers, one having a wet bulb and the other having a dry bulb, to measure the moisture content or relative humidity of air.

    (from Dictionary.com)

    And here's how to make one!

    http://www.miamisci.org/hurricane/psychrometer.html
    Well jeez, anyone can google it in...I was turned on to a puzzle
    site where you have a blocked out answer window where only the
    poser can view the answer and say yea or nay. here is the site:
    Thank ThudandBlunder.
    http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi
  4. 21 Jul '05 03:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I was turned on to a puzzle
    site where you have a blocked out answer window where only the
    poser can view the answer and say yea or nay. i
    No, anyone can see the answer by highlighting it.
  5. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    21 Jul '05 18:25
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    No, anyone can see the answer by highlighting it.
    Yeah, so I found out. Did you see the mensa word association
    test? I got 26 out of 33, some of them are real buggers.
    Like: 9 P in S A ???
    The original was from South Africa So I put in
    9 pricipalities in South Africa but that didn't fly.
    There is one that goes
    3 W on a T
    which is "3 wheels on a tricycle" but other combinations can
    play on that one like 3 wires on a transistor
    which is a true statement but not commonly known kind of thing
    and now there are transistors without wires at all so its only
    partially true.
  6. Standard member Alcra
    Lazy Sod
    23 Jul '05 10:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, so I found out. Did you see the mensa word association
    test? I got 26 out of 33, some of them are real buggers.
    Like: 9 P in S A ???
    The original was from South Africa So I put in
    9 pricipalities in South Africa but that didn't fly.
    There is one that goes
    3 W on a T
    which is "3 wheels on a tricycle ...[text shortened]... kind of thing
    and now there are transistors without wires at all so its only
    partially true.
    9 Provinces in South Africa