1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 20:49
    ALI Ali would DESTROY Tyson....... Ali could box, Tyson was just a slugger and a boxer will beat a slugger every time.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 22:251 edit
    Originally posted by richfeet
    ALI Ali would DESTROY Tyson....... Ali could box, Tyson was just a slugger and a boxer will beat a slugger every time.
    Tyson might win the first time, and Ali would train like Rocky and win the second time?

Tough call!

Edit! If Tyson did win, it wouldn't be in the first round like he often did in his prime. My fear is Ali depended on the other guy actually having a brain to knock the guy out. It would be a brutal fight.

P-
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 22:42
    Tyson would definitely win. I know he's way past his prime but he's 40 and Ali is almost 65.
  4. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 23:25
    Originally posted by poundlee
    Tyson would definitely win. I know he's way past his prime but he's 40 and Ali is almost 65.
    LOL! Yes, and Ali has Parkinsons, or whatever to boot. But I really believe that Ali in his prime was the best boxer ever, in any division. And I can remember watching Sugar Ray Robinson, Marciano, Joe Louis etc. Ali was simply better than anyone, ever. Fast and fluid and powerful and everything one wants in a boxer.
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 23:28
    The list of boxers who, in their prime, would beat Tyson in his prime is too long to post and certainly includes Ali.
  6. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 23:52
    Originally posted by Red Night
    The list of boxers who, in their prime, would beat Tyson in his prime is too long to post and certainly includes Ali.
    Right on brother!
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 00:11
    I don't think any of the two actually know how to play chess, let alone win a game...
  8. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 00:38
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I don't think any of the two actually know how to play chess, let alone win a game...
    I wouldn't bet that Ali didn't know how to play chess, or rather doesn't.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 00:48
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    I wouldn't bet that Ali didn't know how to play chess, or rather doesn't.
    Ray Charles vs. Willie Nelson???
  10. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 00:54
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Ray Charles vs. Willie Nelson???
    Willie Nelson. But only because Ray is dead.
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 01:341 edit
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    Willie Nelson. But only because Ray is dead.
    Ray used to beat him like a drum when he was alive. (At chess that is.)

Here is a game that Ray played against Larry Evans:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1266243
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 02:14
    Ali vs Tyson Kinda like Ali vs Forman Ali would win that because Tyson could not box. Tyson would just knock fools out!!!! Because they would get caught sleeping.

🙂 Manuel
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 02:551 edit
    Super Off Topic Post!

Stevie wonder was talking with Tiger Woods telling Tiger how much he enjoyed the game of Golf. Stevie told Tiger he would love to play him some day, and Tiger kind of chuckled. Stevie went so far as to say he would give Tiger 1 stroke per side.

Tiger said, "You name the day and time, I'll play".

Stevie said, "How about tonight, around midnight"?

P-
  14. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 08:42
    Ali would have knocked 8 kinds of bejeebers out of Tyson.
    Ali was the complete fighting machine. Tyson had heart and savagery.
    My kingdom for a time machine. Would have been the only worthy adversaries for each others full skill complement.
  15. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 08:49
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Wow what a co-incidence I watched a documentry yesterday about the Ali/Foreman fight (or maybe you watched it too) which made me think about this mythical fight between them when both in their prime. I think Ali demonstrated in that fight that he can come up with the goods when he looks outmatched and I don't think Tyson could live with him. I forget the first guy that beat Tyson but I seem to remember that he figured out that to beat Tyson you had to take the fight to him rather than getting on your back foot and letting the inevitable happen. There has been no one better than Ali than figuring out the tactics so he would easily get on top.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree