1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '09 07:55
    I propose a new system in sports called the banking system. For example, if you are beating a team 12 to 1 and you win by that margin, you should be allowed to put away those extra 10 points you did not need to win into a bank of points. Then when you need them, you can pull them out at a latter date. This would allow for increased interest in games that simply don't matter or are blow outs. In addition, it would provide more interest for games in which one rival is obviously outmatched by their opponent which generates little interest as a result. If nothing else, it would help give the bookies in Vegas heart failure. 😛
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 20:06
    I think that would be a great system especially is college sports.
    I would like to see a team like Texas Tech which throws every down score 500 points in against a blind girls team and then use the extra points in a Bowl game.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 02:50
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think that would be a great system especially is college sports.
    I would like to see a team like Texas Tech which throws every down score 500 points in against a blind girls team and then use the extra points in a Bowl game.
    The problem would be that everyone would be trying to schedule easy games. ):
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    01 May '09 12:202 edits
    the 1960 Yankees would've loved this idea for the World Series

actually - an interesting idea (that the 1960 Yankees would've also loved) would be for the World Series to be a series of say 6 games, where all the scoring is cumulative -- so you could get to the final game with the scoring being say 29-21 -- and the winning team is feeling pretty good and then gives up 6 runs in the first inning and ....oh no....
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '09 17:362 edits
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    the 1960 Yankees would've loved this idea for the World Series

actually - an interesting idea (that the 1960 Yankees would've also loved) would be for the World Series to be a series of say 6 games, where all the scoring is cumulative -- so you could get to the final game with the scoring being say 29-21 -- and the winning team is feeling pretty good and then gives up 6 runs in the first inning and ....oh no....
    The problem would be if a team like the Yankees at the end of the year have a million points in the bank and the opposition only has a hundred. In such a case, you may not as well play the World Series.....which in some cases would be a relief by avoiding embarassing sweeps like that of Colorado a few years back. LOL.

Edit: I hope there are no Colorado fans out there..... 😳
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 May '09 19:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    The problem would be if a team like the Yankees at the end of the year have a million points in the bank and the opposition only has a hundred. In such a case, you may not as well play the World Series.....which in some cases would be a relief by avoiding embarassing sweeps like that of Colorado a few years back. LOL.

Edit: I hope there are no Colorado fans out there..... 😳
    I was thinking of it being used only for post-season series where two teams keep playing each other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree