1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    01 Dec '07 09:19
    Thanks to a massive sponsorship deal The L.A. Galaxy came down to New Zealand with David Beckham for an exhibition game against the Wellington Phoenix.

Becks was contracted to play a minimum 55mins. He played a full part in the whole game including scoring a late penalty with stylish aplomb. (even if the penalty was an all smiles jack up with the ref..for the crowd :-)

Phoenix scored early but lacked the class of Galaxy. Becks in the mid-field dealt the cards deftly, often showing his one touch through balls.

The score..largely irrelevant) was 4-1 to LA but you really can't imagine how much this game and Becks mere presence meant to the football fans on NZ. He's probably the best player ever to play a game here.. certainly that I can recall. A total ambassador for the game.

In an airport arrival quip a journalist laughingly asked the Wellington skipper if he had asked for Becks shirt yet.. Becks over heard and interjected saying "Of course he'll get my shirt!" At the end of the game he called Ross Alloise over and did the swap centre field.. the crowd loved it as beck peeled off and did lap for the girls in the crowd carrying his Wellington shirt showing off his tattoos..

Thanks organisers, thanks galaxy and thanks Becks..you're an ace!
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    01 Dec '07 10:30
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Thanks to a massive sponsorship deal The L.A. Galaxy came down to New Zealand with David Beckham for an exhibition game against the Wellington Phoenix.

Becks was contracted to play a minimum 55mins. He played a full part in the whole game including scoring a late penalty with stylish aplomb. (even if the penalty was an all smiles jack up with the ref..f ...[text shortened]... ng off his tattoos..

Thanks organisers, thanks galaxy and thanks Becks..you're an ace!
    did u take any pictures Dan?

Over here in england.. supporters are not allowed to take cameras into football grounds..even if its a friendly game😠
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    01 Dec '07 12:20
    Originally posted by spurs73
    did u take any pictures Dan?

Over here in england.. supporters are not allowed to take cameras into football grounds..even if its a friendly game😠
    The 30,000 ground was sold out in five minutes.. no chance of getting down to Wellington... was on free TV live tonight one of the best shows for a long time.

Thousands were taking pics at the ground.. lots of flashes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree