1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 09:411 edit
    Opens with a bang this year. It's been quite awhile since we've seen a game coming out the gates like Oregon-LSU. Kudos to both programs for even scheduling this; after all, the SEC isn't exactly famous for their challenging non-conference scheduling.

And while we wait for the game, both programs have graciously provided us with preseason delight! Oregon has the whole Lyles payoff stuff going on, and LSU has a QB that likes to get into bar fights and kick people when they're down. Go Ducks! Go Tigers!

Oh, and the game - pick 'em, as far as I'm concerned. Should be a great game.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 16:44
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Opens with a bang this year. It's been quite awhile since we've seen a game coming out the gates like Oregon-LSU. Kudos to both programs for even scheduling this; after all, the SEC isn't exactly famous for their challenging non-conference scheduling.

And while we wait for the game, both programs have graciously provided us with preseason delight! Oregon ...[text shortened]... o Tigers!

Personally, I'll be watching Boise State at Georgia.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 20:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You always were a fan of the "lesser games" and the "lesser teams"

Not that there is anything wrong with that......
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 20:18
    *yawn* To each their own. I think both of those teams will not be teams of any particular consequence this year.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 21:20
    *yawn* To each their own. I think both of those teams will not be teams of any particular consequence this year.
    If Boise State wins that game, I predict they'll wind up higher ranked at the end of the regular season than LSU and Oregon.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 21:21
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You always were a fan of the "lesser games" and the "lesser teams"

Not that there is anything wrong with that......
    I've watched that "lesser team" continuously beat so-called "greater" teams. Oregon was one of them.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 21:42
    I've watched that "lesser team" continuously beat so-called "greater" teams. Oregon was one of them.
    But, when you did their OC was Bryan Harsin.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 20:311 edit
    If Boise State wins that game, I predict they'll wind up higher ranked at the end of the regular season than LSU and Oregon.
    That's a bit of a stretch - Georgia is a mid-level SEC team at best. Not exactly a solid indicator at this point in the season.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 21:28
    That's a bit of a stretch - Georgia is a mid-level SEC team at best. Not exactly a solid indicator at this point in the season.
    The Bulldogs are 19th in the AP Poll and 22nd in the USA/Today poll and Boise State is travelling half way across the country to play them in their backyard.

But it's typical of the money conference supporters to pooh-pooh Boise State's wins over the "big" conference teams. Usually they do wait until AFTER the game though.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 21:43
    The Bulldogs are 19th in the AP Poll and 22nd in the USA/Today poll and Boise State is travelling half way across the country to play them in their backyard.

But it's typical of the money conference supporters to pooh-pooh Boise State's wins over the "big" conference teams. Usually they do wait until AFTER the game though.
    Once again #1, is more obnoxious than accurate.

In the USA today poll Georgia is the seveth highest ranked team in a twelve team conference . Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State are all ranked ahead of Georgia. It is a tough game for Boise but they are also playing a team in the bottom half of the SEC, not the top half. It would be accurate to say that Boise supporters are already arguing that a first week victory in this situation makes up for their lack of conference schedule.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Once again #1, is more obnoxious than accurate.

In the USA today poll Georgia is the seveth highest ranked team in a twelve team conference . Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State are all ranked ahead of Georgia. It is a tough game for Boise but they are also playing a team in the bottom half of the SEC, not the top half. ...[text shortened]... uing that a first week victory in this situation makes up for their lack of conference schedule.
    Boise plays who they can play as I have documented on this board many times. Georgia's a top 25 team and a legit contender in the SEC.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 22:491 edit
    Boise plays who they can play as I have documented on this board many times. Georgia's a top 25 team and a legit contender in the SEC.
    First it was the Reds and now Boise State.

When will the madness end???? 😉
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 02:261 edit

And while we wait for the game, both programs have graciously provided us with preseason delight! Oregon o Tigers!

USC out of the picture, check.

Ohio State out of the picture, check.

Yep, that leaves Oregon standing alone against the mighty SEC.

I'm not sure which is more exiting, the thought of another Yankee World Series or another SEC title.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 02:27
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    First it was the Reds and now Boise State.

When will the madness end???? 😉
    Hey, I'll have you know that the Reds are not mathamtically out of the race!!! 😠
  15. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 02:43
    Just because you made a losing argument before does not mean you documented anything. Boise playing who you think they can does not equal a major conference schedule.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree