1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '10 14:101 edit
    Is everyone ready? As for myself, I can hardly wait.

So how about it? What are your picks for the year? Of course, we can all begin by agreeing that the SEC is the most pathetic conference in all of college football. In fact, they play like a bunch of school girls, but I think that is only common sense. The only reason that they have won a national title every year for the last 100 years is that they are all a bunch of cheaters!! 😛
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '10 14:282 edits
    So I guess I will start. Alabama is the favorite again this year to win it all. Now there is a shocker!! 😲

As for my Bucks, they are right behind them in the polls at #2 in most polls.

So do the Bucks, who have NEVER beaten an SEC team in 10 tries (because the SEC teams cheated of course) deserving of such a lofty postition?

Of course, Florida is right in the mix, again. The main question seems to be, can Florida knock off Alabama?

As for the rest of the pack....well.....do any of these teams have a shot at the title?
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 06:42
    The SEC has reloaded and will be trying to assert its dominance in 2010 division 1A college football.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 13:021 edit
    Originally posted by gambit3
    The SEC has reloaded and will be trying to assert its dominance in 2010 division 1A college football.
    I wonder though with the realignment of teams in the Big Ten, are divisions like the Big Ten trying to compete with the SEC, at least on an economic level?
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 13:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    I wonder though with the realignment of teams in the Big Ten, are divisions like the Big Ten trying to compete with the SEC, at least on an economic level?
    Of course they are. They will never be able to compete with the SEC on the field, so they just want to make as much money or more. They just want the money. That's what realignment is about.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 17:00
    Originally posted by golfer1
    Of course they are. They will never be able to compete with the SEC on the field, so they just want to make as much money or more. They just want the money. That's what realignment is about.
    If the Big Ten and Big 12 were smart, they would join forces to combat the SEC and return some parity to college football.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 21:10
    If the Big Ten and Big 12 were smart, they would join forces to combat the SEC and return some parity to college football.
    Adding quantity does not automatically make a conference better.
    The SEC is the best conference but your idea that it is indisputable that the National Champion will come out of the SEC is just not true.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 22:10
    So I guess I will start. Alabama is the favorite again this year to win it all. Now there is a shocker!! 😲

As for my Bucks, they are right behind them in the polls at #2 in most polls.

So do the Bucks, who have NEVER beaten an SEC team in 10 tries (because the SEC teams cheated of course) deserving of such a lofty postition?

Of course, Florida is ...[text shortened]... bama?

As for the rest of the pack....well.....do any of these teams have a shot at the title?
    Tell you what. You can have Alabama and Ohio State and Florida and I will take the rest of the country. How much do you want to wager?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 05:37
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Tell you what. You can have Alabama and Ohio State and Florida and I will take the rest of the country. How much do you want to wager?
    Your on!! If I win, post an apology on this site to me directly!!

I'm too poor to pay a wager. You know, Obamanomics.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 10:49
    Your on!! If I win, post an apology on this site to me directly!!

I'm too poor to pay a wager. You know, Obamanomics.
    An apology? For what? For saying I thought you were wrong?

What about if I win??
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 15:03
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    An apology? For what? For saying I thought you were wrong?

What about if I win??
    I will do the same.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 15:13
    You ever bet for an apology, SC? LOL!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 15:44
    Originally posted by darvlay
    We won't call it an apology, rather, we will just say we will recognize the other for being right.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 15:56
    We won't call it an apology, rather, we will just say we will recognize the other for being right.
    Unlike your discussion regarding MLB's small market teams where you will never recognize the other for being right. 😵

Be a man and put some scratch on the line.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 23:32
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is this what they refer to as "playing for pride"?? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree