1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    19 Jul '07 21:17
    W G Grace
    Ruth the babe
    Palmer
    Lallas
    Beckham
    Shergar
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    19 Jul '07 21:19
    shergar?

    lallas was the first really good player to come out of the US.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    19 Jul '07 21:21
    Originally posted by Red Night
    shergar?

    lallas was the first of many recent below average players to come out of the US.
    fixed!

    P.s. Shergar was a racehorse. A good one at that. And famous.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    19 Jul '07 21:24
    Originally posted by rhb
    fixed!

    P.s. Shergar was a racehorse. A good one at that. And famous.
    did you mean secretariat? Man of War? Seabiscuit? Ferdinand?
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    19 Jul '07 21:26
    Originally posted by Red Night
    did you mean secretariat? Man of War? Seabiscuit? Ferdinand?
    No, I meant (and still mean) Shergar. Please pay attention.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    19 Jul '07 22:09
    Originally posted by rhb
    No, I meant (and still mean) Shergar. Please pay attention.
    did he win at the derby? pimlico? belmont? what year?
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    19 Jul '07 22:13
    Originally posted by Red Night
    did he win at the derby? pimlico? belmont? what year?
    He didn't win at the Derby, he won the Derby.

    1981.

    The year Aldaniti (a horse famous enough to have a flim made about his nd his Jockeys stories) won the Grand National.

    Shergar is more famous though, for what happened next. You obviously know nothing about horse racing.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    20 Jul '07 02:59
    Originally posted by rhb
    He didn't win at the Derby, he won the Derby.

    1981.

    The year Aldaniti (a horse famous enough to have a flim made about his nd his Jockeys stories) won the Grand National.

    Shergar is more famous though, for what happened next. You obviously know nothing about horse racing.
    So what happened next?
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    20 Jul '07 03:11
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    So what happened next?
    Yes, yes rhb, tell us a story.
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    20 Jul '07 06:35
    The InterWeb is your friend:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shergar

    Pretty interesting story. For a horsey...
  11. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Joined
    12 Mar '04
    Moves
    10441
    20 Jul '07 12:37
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The InterWeb is your friend:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shergar

    Pretty interesting story. For a horsey...
    The Wayne Murty theory was pretty interesting. No mention of the Wayne Newton theory though...
Back to Top