Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 06 Dec '13 17:31
    Fired Kubiak today. They are clearly looking to lock up that no. 1 pick.

    Who do they take? The pundits all say Bridgewater. Look at this: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3681397/bridgewaterTD.gif

    I think they'll take Manziel though.

    Any thoughts?
  2. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    06 Dec '13 17:32
    DARV! It's me! Samsquamch! Where ya been, ol' buddy ol' pal...
  3. 06 Dec '13 17:59
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    DARV! It's me! Samsquamch! Where ya been, ol' buddy ol' pal...
    Getting married and having babies and shizz. How about you? I see you're still a popular figure in debates.
  4. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    06 Dec '13 18:08
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Getting married and having babies and shizz. How about you? I see you're still a popular figure in debates.
    Haha...getting divorced and moving and losing jobs and shizz...it's been quite a year, but you know me baby boy, I'm like the cockroach in the nuclear inferno!
  5. 06 Dec '13 18:10
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Haha...getting divorced and moving and losing jobs and shizz...it's been quite a year, but you know me baby boy, I'm like the cockroach in the nuclear inferno!
    DIVORCED?! Why the feck should you be happy?
  6. 06 Dec '13 18:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Fired Kubiak today. They are clearly looking to lock up that no. 1 pick.

    Who do they take? The pundits all say Bridgewater. Look at this: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3681397/bridgewaterTD.gif

    I think they'll take Manziel though.

    Any thoughts?
    I think they trade down and try to get clowney... they wouldn't even need a QB with a defensive line inhabited by Watt and Clowney.

    I don't think you can pass up the opportunity to do that.... they should make a move for Tarvarus Jackson from the seahawks. That guy is a good QB, people don't realize that when he started he was playing with a torn pectoral. The only problem is he has a lot of value as a backup for the seahawks so they might not trade him cheap.
  7. 06 Dec '13 18:49
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    I think they trade down and try to get clowney... they wouldn't even need a QB with a defensive line inhabited by Watt and Clowney.

    I don't think you can pass up the opportunity to do that.... they should make a move for Tarvarus Jackson from the seahawks. That guy is a good QB, people don't realize that when he started he was playing with a torn pe ...[text shortened]... problem is he has a lot of value as a backup for the seahawks so they might not trade him cheap.
    Interesting, but in my opinion not a good move. The odds are stacked entirely against you without a franchise QB. There's no doubt Clowney and Watt could be an incredible force but I'd rather have a balanced team rather than stacking everything on the defensive line.

    Of course, they could always find a Russell Wilson in the 3rd round, you never know...
  8. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    06 Dec '13 18:59 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Fired Kubiak today. They are clearly looking to lock up that no. 1 pick.

    Who do they take? The pundits all say Bridgewater. Look at this: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3681397/bridgewaterTD.gif

    I think they'll take Manziel though.

    Any thoughts?
    They will go 2-14. That was the boringest Thursday Night Game in the History of the NFL.

    I remember once that the Panthers went 1-15 in a 15 game losing streak.
    This year they could Win the Super Bowl on a 15 game Winning Streak.
  9. 06 Dec '13 19:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That was the boringest Thursday Night Game in the History of the NFL.
    It seems I hear that every Friday.
  10. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    06 Dec '13 19:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    DIVORCED?! Why the feck should you be happy?
    Dunno...maybe because I'm getting laid again...
  11. 06 Dec '13 19:37
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Dunno...maybe because I'm getting laid again...
    Pickings must be slim for the "women" of Pennsylvania these days.

    I was reading your stuff in debates today. I forgot how much I hate you. It's a good thing.
  12. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    06 Dec '13 19:38
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Fired Kubiak today. They are clearly looking to lock up that no. 1 pick.

    Who do they take? The pundits all say Bridgewater. Look at this: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3681397/bridgewaterTD.gif

    I think they'll take Manziel though.

    Any thoughts?
    I will bet you they don't take Manziel. In fact, I'll bet he is no better than the 3rd or 4th QB taken if he comes out..

    Bridgewater is the best QB sure to be there on draft day.
  13. 06 Dec '13 20:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Interesting, but in my opinion not a good move. The odds are stacked entirely against you without a franchise QB. There's no doubt Clowney and Watt could be an incredible force but I'd rather have a balanced team rather than stacking everything on the defensive line.

    Of course, they could always find a Russell Wilson in the 3rd round, you never know...
    Trent dilfer won a sb and Rex Grossman went to one. Tjack is better than either of those QBs and he would be going to a team ready to succeed on a stacked defense and offense.

    Edit: also just because the odds aren't great without a franchise QB doesn't mean you should gamble on a poor one... there are literally no good qbs in this draft. The best shot to succeed in the NFL IMO is Alabamas QB.
  14. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    06 Dec '13 20:42
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Trent dilfer won a sb and Rex Grossman went to one. Tjack is better than either of those QBs and he would be going to a team ready to succeed on a stacked defense and offense.

    Edit: also just because the odds aren't great without a franchise QB doesn't mean you should gamble on a poor one... there are literally no good qbs in this draft. The best shot to succeed in the NFL IMO is Alabamas QB.
    AJ McCarron is a solid player, no doubt, but his profile is very much like
    that of Colt McCoy. The guy that doesn't do anything exceeding well,
    doesn't make many mistakes and has a will to win. I like his make up,
    but I think his fate will be much like that of McCoy's in that they are both
    undersized overachievers, and very nice guys who are students of the game.

    I still believe the best overall prospect is Bridgewater, but he won't be
    a QB in the class of Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson as young guns, but more on par with Ryan Tannehill, IMO.
  15. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    07 Dec '13 02:57
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It seems I hear that every Friday.
    They have all been good but this one. Two week teams. The best one was on Halloween, Begals and Dolphins.