1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 01:181 edit
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6866409/rick-reilly-bengals

Here is an article explaining former QB for the Cincinnati Bengals Carson Palmer. Rather than play for another $50 miilion, he would rather sit on the sidelines and not make a dime. In fact, he would love to play NFL football, which is why he refuses to play for the owner of the Bengals Mike Brown who the city affectionately refers to as "the clown".

0-16 baby!!! All the way!!
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 01:25
    Originally posted by whodey

Here is an article explaining former QB for the Cincinnati Bengals Carson Palmer. Rather than play for another $50 miilion, he would rather sit on the sidelines and not make a dime. In fact, he would love to play NFL football, which is why he refuses to play for the owner of the Bengal ...[text shortened]... ike Brown who the city affectionately refers to as "the clown".

I do think it is funny that the Cincy fans don't stop showing up for the games.
    That is the quickest way to get themselves heard.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 01:53
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I do think it is funny that the Cincy fans don't stop showing up for the games.
    That is the quickest way to get themselves heard.
    From what I've heard ticket sales are way down. In addition, Mikey does not need to sell one ticket in order to turn a profit from what I hear.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 16:43
    From what I've heard ticket sales are way down. In addition, Mikey does not need to sell one ticket in order to turn a profit from what I hear.
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 02:46
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Here is a look into the crystal ball. The Bungs have a losing season. The only question is can they go the fabled 0-16 route in doing it? Its really the only interst I have in them this season. Then they rack'em next year and do it all over again. My guess is that Mikey will live to be 105 and then turn the team over to his daughter who knows even less about football.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 13:46
    Here is a look into the crystal ball. The Bungs have a losing season. The only question is can they go the fabled 0-16 route in doing it? Its really the only interst I have in them this season. Then they rack'em next year and do it all over again. My guess is that Mikey will live to be 105 and then turn the team over to his daughter who knows even less about football.
    Guess the first week blows your projected 0-fer out the window.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 20:37
    Guess the first week blows your projected 0-fer out the window.
    Now that Mikey has the lone win under his belt, he can say he is competitive I suppose.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 21:43
    Now that Mikey has the lone win under his belt, he can say he is competitive I suppose.
    Yep, you know there are no intelligent people living in Ohio, so they will blindly follow him.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 20:15
    Whodey strikes again....Bengals win...Bengals win!!!!

Whodey said they wouldn't and that is why they win!!!
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 03:28
    The Bengals are now 5-2.

The traded Carson Palmer and got potentially two first round picks for him.

Mike Brown seems to be smarter than whodey!!!
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 10:59
    The Bengals are now 5-2.

The traded Carson Palmer and got potentially two first round picks for him.

Mike Brown seems to be smarter than whodey!!!
    Shut your mouth! Whodey is the smartest man alive.
  12. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 01:20
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Shut your mouth! Whodey is the smartest man alive.
    Says Mike Brown
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 18:37

Here is an article explaining former QB for the Cincinnati Bengals Carson Palmer. Rather than play for another $50 miilion, he would rather sit on the sidelines and not make a dime. In fact, he would love to play NFL football, which is why he refuses to play for the owner of the Bengal ...[text shortened]... ike Brown who the city affectionately refers to as "the clown".

Mike Brown has issued the following ultimatum:

If the Bengals have a .500 or better record this season,
    whodey must move out of the state of Ohio.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 05:44
    Where is that mighty mouth whodey? He has been strangely silent on this topic.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 07:193 edits
    Where is that mighty mouth whodey? He has been strangely silent on this topic.
    Mike Brown got lucky. Anyone can see that Carson Palmer is damaged goods. The Raiders are stupid, what can I say? The irony here is that Palmer did Mike Brown a favor by forcing him to get rid of him. Otherwise he would be out there stinking up the field again instead of Dalton who actually has talent.

Speaking of Dalton, Brown did not want him originally. Mike Brown wanted the drunkard Ryan Mallett instead as ESPN reported. Hilarious!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/30/report-mike-brown-wanted-ryan-mallett-not-andy-dalton/

So as you can see, Mikey got lucky, but mark my words, he will screw it all up!!

From my observations, the only time the Bungs have some measure of success is when new talent comes there way. It happened origionally when Palmer and crew came to town. There is a brief window where new talent often has the chance at success, but then something happens. Their skills start to diminish coupled with subpar coaching and a gradual disillusionment with the organization starts to set in. Before you know it, Dalton and company will have officially become Bungalized and be held hostage by Mikey like Carson was. I say this year and next will be their only window of oppurtunity for success. After that the window shuts and then we await new victims to come into the organization. Yep, Mike Brown is like a friggin venus flytrap. My guess is that they may make the playoffs but, as usual, not win once there.

So there you have it. Brown did not want to let go of Carson, who is a has been, but was forced to do so. He also favored a never was in Mallett, instead of Dalton. So Brown was basically forced and tricked into any success he is currently having.

So let me ask you, what is more pathetic? Is it more pathetic that Marvin Lewis is the Bungs winningest coach in Bungle history and has never won a playoff game, or is it more pathetic that he is the losingest coach?

Edit: I'll give you a hint, it's a trick question. Don't answer.

Ah!!! I strangely feel a little better. Thanks man!! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree