1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 05:382 edits
    LA Galaxy builds up a 4-0 advantage within the first 18 mins of the match, and FC Dallas mounts a second half come back...

http://www.superliga2007.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=120

My MVP: Landon Donovan (1 goal, 3 assists)

I'll get up highlights when they become available. Awesome game!
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 05:52
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    LA Galaxy builds up a 4-0 advantage within the first 18 mins of the match, and FC Dallas mounts a second half come back...

http://www.superliga2007.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=120

My MVP: Landon Donovan (1 goal, 3 assists)

The galaxy are on fire since Beckham arrived and he hasn't played a single minute of a real game!
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 05:56
    They converted 6 of their 8 attempts!
  4. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 15:56
    They converted 6 of their 8 attempts!
    that is the influence of what a talented man has on a team. im hoping to see that when he plays for England.
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 16:12
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    that is the influence of what a talented man has on a team. im hoping to see that when he plays for England.
    He hasn't played yet!
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 17:23
    YouTube
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 17:53
    No Money Man could win my looove...
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 18:40
    They scored with 6 of their 8 shots on target!
    Fixed!
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 18:43
    Amzing to watch. Such poor quality football, despite a couple of individual moments of skill.

MLS will catch up with world class Football leagues soon I'm sure. It'll be sometime after the introduce the defensive concepts of tackling, marking, tracking back etc... but it will happen this century I'm sure.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out this match was fixed, what better to capture the attention of the nations sports fans than a baseball-esque scoreline?

Shocking.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 19:28
    Originally posted by rhb
    Amzing to watch. Such poor quality football, despite a couple of individual moments of skill.

MLS will catch up with world class Football leagues soon I'm sure. It'll be sometime after the introduce the defensive concepts of tackling, marking, tracking back etc... but it will happen this century I'm sure.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out this match was ...[text shortened]... pture the attention of the nations sports fans than a baseball-esque scoreline?

Shocking.
    First of all, don't ever misquote me again. I said "they converted 6 of their 8 attempts," not "they scored with 6 or their 8 shots on target." Your quote makes me sound retarded.

Second of all, the MLS can play defense, just watch highlights from all of the other drawish SuperLiga matches.

Thirdly, who would want to fix a MLS match? There is no money in it. Despite how exciting the game was, major American newspapers aren't giving it more coverage than what they usually do. If the "fixers" wanted to win MLS more attention they ultimately failed.

Finally, thanks, there were "a couple of individual moments of skill."

Alright, peace. I look forward to more euro snobbery.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 19:34
    I look forward to more euro snobbery.
    we are quite snobbish

btw mls sucks 😏
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 19:45
    haha
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 20:16
    I have no objection to the USA finaly taking an interest in the Worlds greatest game.... but I do object to the fact that you're trying to re-invent the football language...

It's football - not soccer.
    They're penalties - not pk's.
    Games aren't tied - they're drawn...

...and that's only for starters...

Lesson 2 tomorrow!
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 20:17
    First of all, don't ever misquote me again. I said "they converted 6 of their 8 attempts," not "they scored with 6 or their 8 shots on target." Your quote makes me sound retarded.
    I didn't misrepresent your post in editing it, I made it sound a bit more "football", rather than "soccer", something you guys need to learn if you're to embrace the game fully.

Over here we'd say that they had 8 shots on target, and scored 6 of them. If you think that sounds retarded you should perhaps stick to American Football.

I'd rather not sit through highlights of poor quality bore-draws, thanks.

Prepare for more snobbery. 😛
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '07 20:56
    Originally posted by rhb
    I made it sound a bit more "football", rather than "soccer", something you guys need to learn if you're to embrace the game fully.P
    to be fair, in ireland we call it soccer and have quite a decent team (all be it with some enghishmen)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree