1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:52
    What a complex farce! Did Lewis deliberately set out to mislead the race stewards?

Personally , I'm not sure about this one. Looking at the race transcripts it looks as if McClaren made a mistake and told Lewis to let Trulli through BEFORE they asked Charlie the race director. However , my suspicion is that they did this out of confusion and fear of a penalty and not malice. From that point , they have tried to cover things up a bit but just made it worse.

What do you make of it?
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 22:28
    Hamilton is just an overrated daddy's boy, artifically pumped by the English media.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 20:11
    I don't think so!The team set him up!
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 20:25
    Originally posted by 220herz
    I don't think so!The team set him up!
    He went along with it, enough said
  5. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 23:12
    From the way he has spoken since, it would appear that he didn't "lie" as such but forgot to mention something which would have been a contributing factor in the stewards decision making process.

This was seen as being a deliberate attempt to mislead and affect the stewards decision. We can all agree that this DID affect thier decision (they penalised Trulli by a considerable amount).

It is understandable that they punished hamilton/maclaren so heavily since it caused the FIA/stewards etc to reverse the decision and give trulli his points back (since he did nothing wrong) and this makes them look rather incompetent.

Maclaren would have been better coming clean and hoping that the stewards simply reversed the places (Hamilton in 3rd; Trulli 4th) but instead they tried to force this result.
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 23:37
    Originally posted by MCA
    From the way he has spoken since, it would appear that he didn't "lie" as such but forgot to mention something which would have been a contributing factor in the stewards decision making process.

This was seen as being a deliberate attempt to mislead and affect the stewards decision. We can all agree that this DID affect thier decision (they penalised Trulli ...[text shortened]... eversed the places (Hamilton in 3rd; Trulli 4th) but instead they tried to force this result.
    The pit radio chat with him told him to slow down to let him pass. This was done by Lewis. He accepted the result despite cheating. He was then advised to keep some facts out of the invesigation which he did. He therefore was as guilty as the powers that be by going along with their deceit.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '09 07:56
    but what else on earth should he do??to struggle with the team?to get at grips?
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    08 Apr '09 08:37
    Originally posted by 220herz
    but what else on earth should he do??to struggle with the team?to get at grips?
    Schumaker was guilty of far worse but he managed to wriggle off the hook each time he wassuspeted whereas Lewis is betrayed as all innocent Mr clean then admits all including shopping his team.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '09 08:44
    How long had Schumie been"wriggling" and how long has Lewis been...umm...driving?I think this young-speedy-fellow will learn how to drive others crazy!!😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree