3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Nov '09 11:36
    Originally posted by trev33
    the quote was 'as for tomorrow if chelsea win the league's over.'

i still stand by it.
    That's a bit early. I see Chelsea as favourites too, but 5 points with 25 games to go is far from being over.

Realistically, only ManU has a chance to snatch it from them and it's true they've been less convincing than Chelsea so far but there's simply too many games to go...
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '09 12:16
    Originally posted by Palynka
    That's a bit early. I see Chelsea as favourites too, but 5 points with 25 games to go is far from being over.

Realistically, only ManU has a chance to snatch it from them and it's true they've been less convincing than Chelsea so far but there's simply too many games to go...
    i just don't see utd beating up on the little teams the same way they have in the past 3 seasons. only thing i can see that will stop chelsea winning the league is if they pick up a lot of injuries.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Nov '09 12:51
    i just don't see utd beating up on the little teams the same way they have in the past 3 seasons. only thing i can see that will stop chelsea winning the league is if they pick up a lot of injuries.
    Who knows? There's always January... I wouldn't be surprised if AF shifted Nani elsewhere and so would have space for a new reinforcement.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '09 13:45
    Who knows? There's always January... I wouldn't be surprised if AF shifted Nani elsewhere and so would have space for a new reinforcement.
    true but i can't see them singing anyone that will make a huge impact.
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    29 Nov '09 16:50
    Half-time Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea....

I think Chelsea look like the most complete side in The Prem at the moment, and they're going to take some stopping.
    In my opinion, Manchester United are the only side capable of challenging, and let's not forget that they always 'come good' after Christmas...
    I wouldn't bet against either of them winning it at this stage.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '09 23:45
    A good result but still too early to call it trev. Chelsea have a habit of dropping points in the later stages and there is only 5 in it.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 03:30
    TBH- there is one other thing that may work in United favour- The African nations cup in january when chelsea will lose quite a few players and United will lose hardly anyone.

Anyway in the mean time its nice not having to read the usual BS posts from Roony one a blue and Rag😏
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 10:24
    I'd have to say that a 5 pt lead in November far from guarantees a win at the end of the season, but Chelsea are looking very strong, Ancelotti is doing a very good job at keeping them well organised, their tactics are impressive, and they have more depth than Utd. I don't think they're going to run away with the league, but things are definitely tipping in their favour.

What might be slightly more interesting is the number of teams that are going to be fighting for a Champions League spot.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 12:39
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I'd have to say that a 5 pt lead in November far from guarantees a win at the end of the season, but Chelsea are looking very strong, Ancelotti is doing a very good job at keeping them well organised, their tactics are impressive, and they have more depth than Utd. I don't think they're going to run away with the league, but things are definitely tipping i ...[text shortened]... interesting is the number of teams that are going to be fighting for a Champions League spot.
    The big test will be their ability to cope without Drogba and Essien. These two are simply too good to not be missed.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 19:06
    The big test will be their ability to cope without Drogba and Essien. These two are simply too good to not be missed.
    Yep, and the blues get winter blues in Feb!
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 19:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yep, and the blues get winter blues in Feb!
    won't matter, utd aren't strong enough this season.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 09:31
    won't matter, utd aren't strong enough this season.
    Boo hoo. Trev = Worst ManU fan EVAH!
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 12:08
    Boo hoo. Trev = Worst ManU fan EVAH!
    but a realistic one, unlike Rag and Roony Once A Blue! (the fair-weather United fans)😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree