1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    28 Dec '08 06:46
    The Notre Dame football program is currently about average. Not bad, but it did NOT deserve to be in a bowl game this year. I sure hope they continue to improve. 😏
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    28 Dec '08 06:53
    Originally posted by bill718
    The Notre Dame football program is currently about average. Not bad, but it did NOT deserve to be in a bowl game this year. I sure hope they continue to improve. 😏
    The talent pool in the North is lacking, sorry to say. The recruitment Gurus need to pan out.

FSU beat the Mighty Badgers handily by the way..
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '08 16:301 edit
    The Northern culture is different from the Southern culture when it comes to football.

Having said that, ND recruits nationally, so that really shouldn't be an issue.

And Cal beat Miami btw. 😉
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Dec '08 16:54
    Notre Dame's recruiting class has been rated as follows by rivals.com:

2006: 8th
    2007: 8th
    2008: 2nd
    2009: 12th

http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?postype=0&sort=0&year=2009

Recruiting doesn't seem to be their problem; they're getting a good percentage of the players they want and these players are highly regarded.

ND was bowl eligible and won their bowl game by 28 points. Admittedly, it was against a so-so Hawaii team, but they were playing in Hawaii. The Irish did fade badly at the end of the year; maybe there's a coaching problem?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree