USA cruises to victory in medals table

USA cruises to victory in medals table

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
13 Aug 12

46 gold to China's 38 and 104 medals to 87. Impressive showing by the US.

The other big winner is host Great Britain with the 3rd most golds at 29 and the 4th most medals at 65.

Biggest disappointment has to be Australia with only seven gold medals, only one of which came in the pool where Australia was once thought to be a threat to the US for swimming supremacy.

F

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by sh76
46 gold to China's 38 and 104 medals to 87. Impressive showing by the US.

The other big winner is host Great Britain with the 3rd most golds at 29 and the 4th most medals at 65.
The U.K. would win out of these three according to a per capita basis calculation. China would come a distant third.

t

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
The U.K. would win out of these three according to a per capita basis calculation. China would come a distant third.
australia also scored higher than america and china

F

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by tim88
australia also scored higher than america and china
Only if you compare the number of medals to the population size, which is daft.

t

Moves
13 Aug 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
no it's not daft I'll make this as easy for you as I can, if 90% of the world's population needed to come up with 500 olympians and the other 10% come up with 500 olympians also One would expect team90% to win more medals Because there's so much more to choose from,

That's why in all olympics the high population countries dominate the medal tally

F

Moves
13 Aug 12

That's why in all olympics the high population countries dominate the medal tally
In "...all olympics the high population countries dominate the medal tally"? You mean countries like India, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria and Japan, which constitute 7 out of the 10 "high population countries" in the world?

Here are the next 10 "high population countries": Mexico, the Philippines, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Egypt, Germany, Iran, Turkey, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Thailand. Germany got 11 Golds, I see; does Germany's medal tally that substantiate your point, do you think?

t

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
In "...all olympics the high population countries dominate the medal tally"? You mean countries like India, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria and Japan, which constitute 7 out of the 10 "high population countries" in the world?

Here are the next 10 "high population countries": Mexico, the Philippines, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Egypt, Germany, Iran, Tu ...[text shortened]... t 11 Golds, I see; does Germany's medal tally that substantiate your point, do you think?
look and see how many athletes some of the countries you talk about For example Bangladesh 5 athletes , Indonesia 22 , Nigeria 52

F

Moves
13 Aug 12

look and see how many athletes some of the countries you talk about For example Bangladesh 5 athletes , Indonesia 22 , Nigeria 52
So how does this back your "in all olympics the high population countries dominate the medal tally" theory?

t

Moves
13 Aug 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So how does this back your "in all olympics the high population countries dominate the medal tally" theory?
countrys that can afford to train and send their athletes to the olympics, The countries you talk about can't do that must i paint you a picture

F

Moves
13 Aug 12
1 edit

countrys that can afford to train and send their athletes to the olympics, The countries you talk about can't do that must i paint you a picture
You claimed the the medal tally of all Olympics is dominated by "the high population countries". But now you are suggesting that it is dominated by "countries that can afford to train and send their athletes to the Olympics". You seem to have kind of changed the subject. Do you think you've changed the subject?

The countries you talk about can't do that must i paint you a picture

The countries I talked about are "the high population countries"; isn't that what we are talking about? You brought it up.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
13 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Originally posted by FMF

Dude, please never leave RHP. What would my life be life without this high quality entertainment? 😉

t

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
You claimed the the medal tally of all Olympics is dominated by "the high population countries". But now you are suggesting that it is dominated by "countries that can afford to train and send their athletes to the Olympics". You seem to have kind of changed the subject. Do you think you've changed the subject?

[b]The countries you talk about can't do that mu ...[text shortened]... he high population countries"; isn't that what we are talking about? You brought it up.
yes high population countries that can afford to train and send, Why would countries that can't afford to send and train their athletes dominant the medal tally? It's common sense and should go without saying Like i said before do i need to paint you a picture

F

Moves
13 Aug 12

yes high population countries that can afford to train and send, Why would countries that can't afford to send and train their athletes dominant the medal tally? It's common sense and should go without saying Like i said before do i need to paint you a picture
The problem with your theory about "high population countries" dominating the medal tally is that most "high population countries" cannot afford to train and send athletes. This is one reason why, contrary to what you claimed, "high population countries" do not dominate the medal tally. Indeed, most "high population countries" are nowhere near dominating it.

t

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
The problem with your theory about "high population countries" dominating the medal tally is that most "high population countries" cannot afford to train and send athletes. This is one reason why, contrary to what you claimed, "high population countries" [b]do not dominate the medal tally. Indeed, most "high population countries" are nowhere near dominating it.[/b]
america and china have always dominated the medal tally, that and your always need to be right even though you know you wrong syndrome, i'm done talking to babies

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Jamaica would have kicked the UK on the same basis.