Standard membersh76
Sports 16 Jan '12 00:50
  1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 00:502 edits
    What a performance by the Giants!!

It's one thing to win. But they walked into the legendary home of a 15-1 defending champ and administered a good 'ol fashioned whupping!

Oh, and I would like to officially welcome Eli Manning to the upper echelon of NFL QBs, with Brady, Brees and Rogers (and Peyton, if he's healthy, of course).
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 02:28
    I just made a whole lotta money on that one baby!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 14:01
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I just made a whole lotta money on that one baby!
    Enjoy that cup of coffee at MacDonalds!! 😕
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 22:18
    Originally posted by sh76

It's one thing to win. But they walked into the legendary home of a 15-1 defending champ and administered a good 'ol fashioned whupping!

Oh, and I would like to officially welcome Eli Manning to the upper echelon of NFL QBs, with Brady, Brees and Rogers (and Peyton, if he's healthy, of course).
    Not to worry. Next week he'll be throwing with a defense actually on the field.

🙂
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 23:21
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

🙂
    That would be the same defense that held New Orleans to a paltry 32 points and
    having to rely of the hail mary offense to bail them out...twice? 😕
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 00:102 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That would be the same defense that held New Orleans to a paltry 32 points and
    having to rely of the hail mary offense to bail them out...twice? 😕
    You mean the #1 scoring offense Saints who's QB just broke Dan Marino's record and who just finished scoring 45 points against the Lions (who were a top ten defense for points allowed)?

The 49ers were down twice.

The first time they retook the lead with a 37 yard pass to Vernon Davis along the sideline in man coverage, followed by a designed Alex Smith run play down the sideline for a touchdown.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that a run play is a "hail mary"

The second time they were down they scored from a 25 yard pass to Vernon Davis again, with only Vernon Davis in the end zone on a post rout.

They were down by 3 and well within field goal range. Yeah, sure, Harbaugh would call for a hail mary pass in that situation because as we all know he's a dumb coach.

Keep on spinning...
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 01:041 edit
    You mean the #1 scoring offense Saints who's QB just broke Dan Marino's record and who just finished scoring 45 points against the Lions (who were a top ten defense for points allowed)?

The 49ers were down twice.

The first time they retook the lead with a 37 yard pass to Vernon Davis along the sideline in man coverage, followed by a designe ry pass in that situation because as we all know he's a dumb coach.

Keep on spinning...
    I saw the game too. I also know if the Saints had ANY defense at all, SF would be at home now.
    I am not taking anything away from them, and I personally hope the beat the Giants and I hope Baltimore beats New England.
    That doesn't mean either will happen.

One thing is for sure....I would rather have Eli Manning running my offense than Alex Smith.

Have a nice day.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 01:26

🙂
    Yes, but he'll also being playing against Alex Smith and not Aaron Rodgers.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 01:55
    I saw the game too. I also know if the Saints had [b]ANY defense at all, SF would be at home now.
    I am not taking anything away from them, and I personally hope the beat the Giants and I hope Baltimore beats New England.
    That doesn't mean either will happen.

One thing is for sure....I would rather have Eli Manning running my offense than Alex Smith.

Have a nice day.[/b]
    I would rather Eli Manning than Smith as well. And I would rather the 49ers defense than any other D in the league. It's just the way it goes.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 02:11
    I would rather Eli Manning than Smith as well. And I would rather the 49ers defense than any other D in the league. It's just the way it goes.
    Personally, I think the two best defenses are in Baltimore and Houston, but SF has a great one as well.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 03:10
    Personally, I think the two best defenses are in Baltimore and Houston, but SF has a great one as well.
    I think the Niners absolutely have the best (overall) defense, but no doubt that is debatable. It's going to be a tough game for both teams on Sunday.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 05:50
    Too bad that next year the Seahawks will have the best defense!

I couldn't resist saying that.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:40
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Too bad that next year the Seahawks will have the best defense!

I couldn't resist saying that.
    I don't think so. But wish all you want.
    The Pete Carroll flop is due any day now.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 21:022 edits
    I don't think so. But wish all you want.
    The Pete Carroll flop is due any day now.
    We had a young team that just started coming on late in the season (top ten defense... one of the best turn over margins in the last half of the season.) Seahawks win at least ten games next year taking back the NFC west title which will be the toughest division in the NFC next year.
  15. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 14:38
    Originally posted by sh76

It seems the Green Bay defence needs some help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree