1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 11:41
    While I agree with flexmore on rounds and tournaments passed, I suggest that the situation Peter9 mentioned is different.

I suggest that tournament ratings should not only be nulled in the sum for the banned player(s), but that ALL their games should be taken out of the calculation.

peter9 beat Dynamic9 1 win 1 draw. I would award the tournament to him
  2. Joined
    02 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 20:27
    Originally posted by flexmore
    peter - you do find a small problem in russ' programming ... but you do not pose a clear solution.

sure dynamic gained more points from po and fernandez than you did - but this is only a small secondary problem ... russ has fixed the biggest problems first and will hopefully fix these type of flow on problems eventually.

let's decide how russ could ...[text shortened]... first ... hang on : spassky is not playing NOW ???? i think best is to just leave it as it is.
    Fleximore, I do not think the situation is too complicated. Before Dynamic took 3 points by T/O against banned player (The PO) I had 3 points more than him (a) counting all games (16 : 13) or (b) counting games without these of banned players (10 : 7).

Dynamic09 equaled the number of points with me only by 3 points taken against banned player.

So, the question is simple: is it possible to take timeout vs. a banned player, e.g. is it possible to get points against a not existing player? According to the answer to this question the situation of the RHEA tournament may be easily solved.
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 10:06
    Originally posted by Peter9
    Fleximore, I do not think the situation is too complicated. Before Dynamic took 3 points by T/O against banned player (The PO) I had 3 points more than him (a) counting all games (16 : 13) or (b) counting games without these of banned players (10 : 7).

Dynamic09 equaled the number of points with me only by 3 points taken against banned player.

So, the ...[text shortened]... ording to the answer to this question the situation of the RHEA tournament may be easily solved.
    i agree with you in this individual case ... but ... see it from russ' point of view for a second ... there are hundreds and hundreds of tournaments in progress and the removed players featured strongly in many hundreds of them .... the situation of rhea is only one of dozens and dozens of DIFFERENT scenarios ... russ cannot hope to deal with every situation individually and perfectly.

what is important is finding general methods which affect hundreds of tournaments at a time.
  4. Virginia
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 15:34
    Russ needs to do one of two things for fairness...

1) Remove all banned players from their current round. This will remove any "wins" people may get or gotten against them.

2) Take all the games in the current round and force a resigned by the banned player, even if the game has already ended. Everyone gets credit for a win, which levels the field.

As for completed tourneys/rounds, forget it and move on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree