1. Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 12:50
    As I'm not very good I would appreciate a tournament that would give me a chance? I seem to constantly playing in games where my opponent is several hundred points higher than me?

Any banded ones for 1100-1400 say?
    Thanks
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 13:16
    There are banded tournaments regularly, however they fill quite rapidly in our rating categories.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 14:23
    Thanks.

So why are there not more tournaments organised if they fill up quickly?
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 15:511 edit
    You happen to be in a very densely populated banding ( the biggest here I'd guess ) so it's always going to be an issue for you I'm afraid...if you read some of the other threads here along the same topic, you'll find your point is raised by many..you'll have to keep an keen eye out for what you want.. being in the U.K, check in in the morning, as they're usually created morning GMT, sign up without pondering it too much ( you MAY be able to withdraw later in the day but leaving it you may find the places taken..catch 22 but your call )...SOME, a minority perhaps, of those tournies I tracked a few weeks back were available for a few days but they were slightly higher banding to your own...until admin' finds a solution, that's all you can do..
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 16:08
    Thanks, although the solution to me would be just arrange more tournaments?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by Le Sorcier
    I'd have thought that would be the natural outcome, yes...but quite when is another matter...try 'site ideas' to post this request, the more folk that do so the louder the message !!
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 09:37
    Check out the clubs. Some of them run banded tournaments, although it's an honour system in private tournaments and you do get the occasional sandbagger.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 15:07
    Originally posted by Le Sorcier
    As noted by the previous poster, I was going to recommend a club but I see you've found one...is it by chance you've found THE most prolific creator of tournaments anyway...I don't think you'll struggle finding something to suit with M.U.T.I 🙂
  9. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 14:311 edit
    Go to clubs and join the Reckless Players club. Although we can not run airtight banded tournaments, we do run them on an "honor" basis inside the club. Our most recent was a pairs tournament for players rated 1253.574 or less 🙂.

*-players and we got full compliance from the members.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree