1. Standard memberIvorW
    Arbortrudor
    London, UK
    Moves
    12 May '03 17:50
    <shucks /> 🙁 Missed all the Beta tournaments.

It would be really handy if an (optional) email could be generated to pawn stars (configurable in personal profile), when entries are open for a new tournament.

What would be really clever is if it filtered the notification based on rating, and only sent to players who qualify.
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '03 07:01
    Shucks IvorW, maybe Russ and the RHP team could just auto-entry you and task a chess engine to make your moves too!
    Then you wouldn't have to visit the site at all!!

A post from the skeeter
  3. Standard memberGibaW
    Giba
    Brazil
    Moves
    13 May '03 17:011 edit
    nothing sorry !!
    you can delete this one
  4. Standard memberGibaW
    Giba
    Brazil
    Moves
    14 May '03 17:30
    No problem Skeeter, if the payments are all right !!!! 😀
  5. Standard memberGibaW
    Giba
    Brazil
    Moves
    15 May '03 12:23
    Skeeter, you are very wrong and you know that !!!! I mess beta too, and I am here 3 or 4 times in a day !!! What do you mean !?? I have to be here on line all the day to get a place in a tournament !!!!!?????
    Come on !!! I work too !!!😠
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '03 05:00
    Well now lets see, the Beta Tourneys were all open for entries Friday afternoonish and the last spot was taken late Monday so that was three whole days and over a weekend that you obviously never went near RHP.
    Probably a blessing in disguise that you didn't enter if you are only able to move every three days or so as that would really bog the rounds down time wise.

Skeeters view
  7. Steelers Country
    Moves
    16 May '03 05:28
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Well now lets see, the Beta Tourneys were all open for entries Friday afternoonish and the last spot was taken late Monday so that was three whole days and over a weekend that you obviously never went near RHP.
    Probably a blessing in disguise that you didn't enter if you are only able to move every three days or so as that would really bog the rounds down time wise.

Skeeters view
    He said 3-to-4 times a day.....not once every 3 or 4 days.

just because he didnt see when it was open for people doesnt mean he wasnt online, give him a break, I missed them to and I'm online at RHP almost 24/7.

Adam
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '03 08:19
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    He said 3-to-4 times a day.....not once every 3 or 4 days.

just because he didnt see when it was open for people doesnt mean he wasnt online, give him a break, I missed them to and I'm online at RHP almost 24/7.

Adam
    So let just make sure I have this straight. Gibawommble and Uncle Madam say that they are on site 3 - 4 times daily and yet they both have missed all three Beta tourney entry calls and over a weekend.

Unbelievable. Either they are misrepresenting their situation ( read telling porkies ) or they are admitting that they actually visit the site at the intervals they state and don't view the "tournament" pages.

Equally unbelievable or just incredibly stupid. To actually register on the site to view and/or play your games without checking the "tournament" pages, which is vital to keep abreast of other players progress against your own is akin to getting all dressed up to go to the theatre and wearing a blindfold. Sounds good but you can't see the action

And thats where you two are at - all noise and no play - lol

Skeeter looks forward to submissions from the defence.
  9. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    16 May '03 08:37
    So let just make sure I have this straight. Gibawommble and Uncle Madam say that they are on site 3 - 4 times daily and yet they both have missed all three Beta tourney entry calls and over a weekend.

Unbelievable. Either they are misrepresenting their situation ( read telling porkies ) or they are admitting that they actually visit the site at the inter ...[text shortened]... o are at - all noise and no play - lol

skeeter, I'm going to cut to the chase. You're being an a-hole.

All the posts I've read by you are offensive in nature to the person to which you are replying. If you disagree with a persons point of view that's fine, but it's bull to poke fun at them because they don't share your views. Bad form. 😠
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '03 09:395 edits
    Hey Omni, who died and made you God?

If you follow the chronology ( look it up ) of the posts I was initially just replying to one post that was in my opinion missing the point.

Then a few other players joined the fray and I gave them a serve also

My point is, if the authors of the posts don't enjoy spiritive and contravening argument to their own then they should stay out of the kitchen especially when their arguements are seriously flawed, in my opinion.

It is interesting and equally disturbing that you are attacking my attitude rather than addressing the points I raise in regard to the issue of "tournament page visits" by the corresspondents et al to which they still have to reply.

So Omni, there it is, reply to my arguments only, in this forum, or open a board and I will be happy to discuss "my attutude" during play
    and remember this - I have said some posters are silly, stupid, illconsidered and ignorant but I have never ever ever called anyone an A-Hole.

and that was not the nine o'clock news from the Skeeter
  11. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    16 May '03 10:282 edits

If you follow the chronology ( look it up ) of the posts I was initially just replying to one post that was in my opinion missing the point.

Then a few other players joined the fray and I gave them ...[text shortened]... and ignorant but I have never ever ever called anyone an A-Hole.
    Look pal, in your previous post alone you poked fun at players handles calling GibaW as Gibawommble and UncleAdam as Uncle Madam. You infer that people are liars and blatently and repetitively call them stupid. I won't even go into the insulting insinuations you made in your post to me.

I truly don't understand why you feel the need to belittle others, but if you really need to do so then by all means play me a game. I would much rather you take it out on me than unsuspecting people trying to have an intelligent AND friendly conversation. By all means, send one over. My remark stands skeeter, for you have yet to take actions to show otherwise. Maybe I'm out of line, but I'll be darned if I'm going to sit here an let you disrespect people for no good reason without calling you out. For the love of God man, would it be so hard to just put your thoughts nicely?
  12. Standard memberPea
    Sweet
    Davison, MI
    Moves
    16 May '03 13:58
    Omni,

I have to agree with you. Skeeter's attitude is out of control.

By the way, I was online that Saturday night and all 3 Beta tournaments were already full. I couldn't check earlier since I spent all day Saturday building a swingset for my son.

Pea
  13. Steelers Country
    Moves
    16 May '03 15:501 edit
    Dont you dare attack Omni!!! you been attacking to many people, if you whant to attack someone attack me and leave everyone else out of it.😠

What point was he missing? I think it would be good to have some thing like a messager for diffrent things.

Then a few other players joined the fray and I gave them a serve also
    Yeah, whatever.

My point is, if the authors of the posts don't enjoy spiritive and contravening argument to their own then they should stay out of the kitchen especially when their arguements are seriously flawed, in my opinion.
    Well this wasnt meant to be a debate, It was meant to be a idea for a new feature.

It is interesting and equally disturbing that you are attacking my attitude rather than addressing the points I raise in regard to the issue of "tournament page visits" by the corresspondents et al to which they still have to reply.
    Am I going Blind?! you have no points! I will reply to your other post also right after this one, and before that you just attacked people

So Omni, there it is, reply to my arguments only, in this forum, or open a board and I will be happy to discuss "my attutude" during play
    and remember this - I have said some posters are silly, stupid, illconsidered and ignorant but I have never ever ever called anyone an A-Hole.

You may not have called anyone that, but you sure act like one!
    lets see, I go to bed one night and there are no beta tounaments, the next day around 1:00 pm (when I check again) they are full but not started yet, what did you whant me to do, sign into them in my sleep!?!. I do have to agree whith you on one thing, one of the posters act silly, stupid, illconsidered and ignorant....YOU!

and that was not the nine o'clock news from the Skeeter
    And wasnt it a huge hit!! *from the ten O'clock news* Suddenly the 9 O'Clock news was shut down due to the anchor reporting missleading facts that no-one belived. they will not be missed.
    _____

Oh no, he called me a Madam, what will I ever do, I'v been traumatized for life! get a life dude!
    All three of those tounaments started and got full while I was asleep. so what did you whant me to do? stay up to 3?

Unbelievable. Either they are misrepresenting their situation ( read telling porkies ) or they are admitting that they actually visit the site at the intervals they state and don't view the "tournament" pages.

No I dont vist the Tournament pages while I'm asleep, do you?

Equally unbelievable or just incredibly stupid. To actually register on the site to view and/or play your games without checking the "tournament" pages, which is vital to keep abreast of other players progress against your own is akin to getting all dressed up to go to the theatre and wearing a blindfold. Sounds good but you can't see the action
    I was asleep, and I dont realy like plays so I'd probly fall asleep in them anyway and wouldnt need a blind fold.

And thats where you two are at - all noise and no play - lol
    if you count snoreing noise, then yes

*Puts Skeeter in a headlock, does a backdrop, gets on the top rope and does a frog splash, and finlly does the F-5 and gets the pin*
  14. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    16 May '03 15:55
    Shucks IvorW, maybe Russ and the RHP team could just auto-entry you and task a chess engine to make your moves too!
    Then you wouldn't have to visit the site at all!!

A post from the skeeter
    All tournaments tend to fill very quickly these days, I am not sure on the current level of pawnstars but the days of whether we could even manage to get 100 people to enter a tournamant are long gone. It is a shame that some people miss out as they are only wanting to get more involved with the site.

On the whole it is better to try and be nice to people, this is a great site with many great people on it. You have made the effort to join the site so I doubt it would be too much more effort to try and be nice.

Andrew
  15. Standard memberIvorW
    Arbortrudor
    London, UK
    Moves
    19 May '03 09:08
    Please enlighten me. What point was I exactly missing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree