1. Joined
    16 May '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 12:58
    I wanted to enter a tournament but the only ones available at the time were banded. As i hadn't played for a while my rating didn't really reflect my game. I could only enter the tournament banding reflecting my rating at that time (a month or so ago). Since then a number of games i have been playing reached completion and my grade moved up from around 1150 t0 1450 (probably a more accurate rating). So now i'm playing in a tournament band lower than my rating. Seems a bit of a fraud really. Am i eliminated from the competition or can i withdraw to give my place in the next round to someone who genuinely plays within the rating band of the competition?
  2. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 13:02
    Originally posted by paulr
    I wanted to enter a tournament but the only ones available at the time were banded. As i hadn't played for a while my rating didn't really reflect my game. I could only enter the tournament banding reflecting my rating at that time (a month or so ago). Since then a number of games i have been playing reached completion and my grade moved up from around 1150 ...[text shortened]... e in the next round to someone who genuinely plays within the rating band of the competition?
    Resign your games before you make a move, you'll not loose any rating points and you'll be able to leave the tournament.
  3. Joined
    16 May '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 13:42
    cheers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree