1. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    09 Mar '06 22:19
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Faith No More User 70872 is now entered in two March banded tournaments (1250-1299 AND 1300-1349).
    Tournament 1032
    Tournament 1033
    EDIT: Can't view tournaments when not started: http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/index.php

He is an able 1400+ player entering 2 tournaments below his ability.
    I know, because of the way tournaments are structured ...[text shortened]... h blah blah, but entering himself in 2 bands is not on.

This is pissing me off now! (Again!)
    Hmm... Your rating was over 1400 not too long ago ... Evil would advocate your sandbagging yourself... But hey, I'll post no evil ...

Shaul, good to see you back old mate :-)
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 08:20
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I was away last month, and my rating dropped quite a bit frome timeouts, I was rated 1550, but now am 1150, I only like playing banded tournaments, so I joined the only banded tournment I could enter, but Im just whipping everyone so badly, I could easily win the tournament, and after reading this thread I just decided to resign all them games, My problem still remains though because all my rating is going to do is go down even more.
    Exactly the problem.
    Check the Site Ideas forum and post your ideas there - if enough interest is created, maybe something will be done about banded tournaments.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 08:28
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    Hmm... Your rating was over 1400 not too long ago ... Evil would advocate your sandbagging yourself... But hey, I'll post no evil ...

Shaul, good to see you back old mate :-)
    Yo slowey!
    As your username suggests, you're not too quick on the uptake. Things like this just does your heading, eh?

I wasn't pissed because FNM had a higher rating a while ago and is now playing in a lower band, as this happens to most players on the site. He entered a band well below his ability, started to get his rating up again and then proceeded to join the next band.

Yes, I've had 2 spikes into 1400, but unlike FNM I could never keep it there for an extended period of time.
    I should probably play in the 1300-1349 band, but as I've said myself, the system is flawed and therefore I can't play in the band I should be in.
  4. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 09:501 edit
    Yes, FNM, if you are in the same group as me, you will certainly take me out, kick my ass.
    Well done. I actually also hope it happens.

You may not be a 1500 player (I said you're an able 1400 player by the way and I think you are), but you are definately the strongest player in the god damned 1250-1299 band!

I understand that strong(er) players whose r rated players can't reach the next round!

Who is the real d*ckhead here!?
    How pathetic.

On the one hand you're telling me how immoral it is to enter an 1250-1299 banded tournament because I'm sooo much better than that:
    "Again, good luck in wiping the floor with us 'weaker' players"
    "You are now taking up a spot that could be filled by another player who really is in this 'ability range'"

However, when Boris mentions that you're are not really a 1250 player either, suddenly it's not about big bad FNM who is taking the spot of a poor 1250 player. Suddenly me entering 2 banded tournaments is what bothers you. Suddenly it's ok to enter a lower rated banded tournament, as long as you don't enter two right?

You are the last person who has the right to complain. You were probably just disappointed to see me enter since you were so sure this tournament would be an easy win for you. And what exactly should apologize to you for?

btw- Maybe if you would stop complaining all day and actually take a look at the tournament you'd see I've withdrawn 2 days ago as*hole.

PS:Boris, good to hear from you old fella
    😉

PS2: Crowley, you're still the d*ckhead.
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 11:56
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    However, when Boris mentions that you're are not really a 1250 player either, suddenly it's not about big bad FNM who is taking the spot of a poor 1250 player. Suddenly me entering 2 banded tournaments is what bothers you. Suddenly it's ok to enter a lower rated banded tournament, as long as you don't enter two right?
    Not totally true, my name was mentioned in an early post for entering two banded tournaments. But I was qualified 'okay' by my rating to enter both of them. No mockery was made for me entering two tournaments. By the way, normally that will be a good point but in this case that seems silly; the current open tournaments just don't seem to be filling up, oddly enough...
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 12:31
    How pathetic.

On the one hand you're telling me how immoral it is to enter an 1250-1299 banded tournament because I'm sooo much better than that:
    "Again, good luck in wiping the floor with us 'weaker' players"
    "You are now taking up a spot that could be filled by another player who really is in this 'ability range'"

However, when Boris mentions ...[text shortened]... good to hear from you old fella
    😉

PS2: Crowley, you're still the d*ckhead.
    Jesus.
    Dude, if you don't understand English, you really shouldn't respond to posts.

Go and read my posts carefully.
    I said: I understand the way tournaments are structured, players who shouldn't be in lower bands can only enter them and not the ones they should.

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that you knowingly entered TWO banded tournaments 'below your ability'.
    When your rating climbed and you entered the 1300-1350 tournament as well you should've withdrawn from the lower band.
    I believe this should happen automatically - but we're not discussing this here.
    True, you've withdrawn. It was the 'honorable' thing to do. I'm actually sad you did. You spouting stupid insults and then kicking our asses in the tournament would just have reinforced my point.
    Maybe that's the only reason you withdrew?

Like you I entered a band I probably shouldn't really have been allowed to enter because it's the only one I could enter at the time.
    I probably still won't be able to win it - it certainly is not going to be "an easy win for" me.

The only true thing you posted is that I'm a d*ckhead. The difference between us is just the degree of assholitis.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 14:25
    Jesus.

I said: I understand the way tournaments are structured, players who shouldn't be in lower bands can only enter them and not the ones they should.

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that you knowingly entered TWO banded tournamen ...[text shortened]... a d*ckhead. The difference between us is just the degree of assholitis.
    hush puppy
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 19:10
    Originally posted by trevor33
    hush puppy
    Shawshank..????
  9. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 19:12
    Jesus.

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that you knowingly entered TWO banded tournamen ...[text shortened]... a d*ckhead. The difference between us is just the degree of assholitis.
    I withdrew because the tournament really is (slightly!) under my ability.
    And don't blame my lack of reading skills on your hypocritical remarks. The truth reamins that you are a once 1400 player in a 1300MAX tournament.
    When joining the banded tournaments I truley didn't believe I'd be getting an easy win (still don't). You should see the amount of banded tournaments with similar rating ranges which I lost (just counted. 11 tournaments with similar rating ranges. 0 wins)

Anyways, you may have had a point in what you said. But:
    a) You shouldn't have made it public
    b)You shouldn't have been a d*ckhead
    and
    c) you're not really the one who can pass judgment on others on this issue.

Good night.
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Mar '06 22:05
    I withdrew because the tournament really is (slightly!) under my ability.
    And don't blame my lack of reading skills on your hypocritical remarks. The truth reamins that you are a once 1400 player in a 1300MAX tournament.
    When joining the banded tournaments I truley didn't believe I'd be getting an easy win (still don't). You should see the amount of ...[text shortened]... ) you're not really the one who can pass judgment on others on this issue.

Good night.
    Why should I not make it public? Why should 63 players possibly (probably) suffer because of your vanity?
    Sure, you might not have won this tournament, but I know I can't beat you. I could've PMed you, but I'm using you as an example and your knowing manipulation of the flawed tournament entry system pissed me off enough to publicly chastise you.

BTW. this is my favourite quote: you are a once 1400 player in a 1300MAX tournament..
    I said before and I'll say it again, I may be a 1300 player, but I've only had THREE SPIKES into 1400. If we apply your idiotic reasoning to yourself, you should play in the 1500+ band - I can't see on your graph if you've been higher than that.

Anyhooo, I'm finished nitpicking with you. I believe my point has been clearly made.
    We'll just have to agree that we're both d*ckheads...
  11. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 21:02
    Why should I not make it public?
    To use FNM as an example would be ok, but he didnt do anything illegal, Its not fair to attack somone to try and change the laws.

It wouldve been much more effective to PM him and tell him how you feel, and then instead of attacking in the forums, post a post in "Site Ideas" telling of the current situation, and your solution to fix the problem.

Just my thought

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree