1. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '07 13:56
    When players currently playing in unfinished tournaments are banned and removed from the site, should not their games be expunged from the tournaments in progress ?

I am in such a tournament where the player concerned beat me twice, presumably unfairly. His games against the other players are unfinished and presumably will time out in favour of those players. In this particular case it does not matter as I have already won all my games against them and will win the group, but there could be cases where it would matter.
  2. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    19 May '07 14:271 edit
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    When players currently playing in unfinished tournaments are banned and removed from the site, should not their games be expunged from the tournaments in progress ?

I am in such a tournament where the player concerned beat me twice, presumably unfairly. His games against the other players are unfinished and presumably will time out in favour of those p ...[text shortened]... ll my games against them and will win the group, but there could be cases where it would matter.
    I believe when they strike him out, the points will re-adjust so those games will not count toward the total points
  3. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '07 14:35
    Do not appear to have been in my case.
  4. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 May '07 18:15
    Originally posted by MIODude
    I believe when they strike him out, the points will re-adjust so those games will not count toward the total points
    I think it's true that they will adjust the banned players points to ensure he doesn't progress to the next round but that's not much consolation to the player he has already beaten. The result won't be changed to give him the three points in each game, which the other players will now get.

I imagine it's pretty difficult to find an efficient way to annul results, so we're left with an imperfect system.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 09:221 edit
    Originally posted by kingcolemk

I am in such a tournament where the player concerned beat me twice, presumably unfairly. His games against the other players are unfinished and presumably will time out in favour of those p ...[text shortened]... ll my games against them and will win the group, but there could be cases where it would matter.
    I lost (in a duel) to a player who was then banned whilst the round was still in progress. Neither of us went through.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '07 01:54
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    I think it's true that they will adjust the banned players points to ensure he doesn't progress to the next round but that's not much consolation to the player he has already beaten. The result won't be changed to give him the three points in each game, which the other players will now get.

I imagine it's pretty difficult to find an efficient way to annul results, so we're left with an imperfect system.
    If the points will be reflected in each game, can we also assume the ratings will also?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree