1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 02:13
    ...........the list of tournaments victories page.
    Can't they be removed?
    I guess it doesn't take that much time and effort to delete them from the tournaments overview page, they didn't deserve their victories, so why are they still amongst honest players who took their time and wasted their brain thinking about their moves in order to fight and win their games?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 16:12
    Originally posted by Ravello
    ...........the list of tournaments victories page.
    Can't they be removed?
    I guess it doesn't take that much time and effort to delete them from the tournaments overview page, they didn't deserve their victories, so why are they still amongst honest players who took their time and wasted their brain thinking about their moves in order to fight and win their games?
    I have now sorted this out.

-Russ
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 18:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have now sorted this out.

-Russ
    Great, thanks!
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 15:57
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Great, thanks!
    If there's any other ideas that need implementing it might be best they come through you Ravello, you seem to have a hold over Russ 😉
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 21:09
    Where cheats have been expelled, could the tournament victories be handed to the "losing" finalists? Something similar happens in several sports.
  6. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 21:24
    Originally posted by Mixo
    Where cheats have been expelled, could the tournament victories be handed to the "losing" finalists? Something similar happens in several sports.
    The idea has been put forward before, and I think everyone agrees it's a good idea. I'm also sure that the only reason it hasn't been implemented already is that it is very difficult to undo tournament results and the coding efforts would have to be enourmous to take these sort of things into account...
  7. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 23:19
    Originally posted by cludi
    The idea has been put forward before, and I think everyone agrees it's a good idea. I'm also sure that the only reason it hasn't been implemented already is that it is very difficult to undo tournament results and the coding efforts would have to be enourmous to take these sort of things into account...
    worse - who would the victory go to? there are several examples where scores are even amongst the other finalists...
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 03:32
    And also the problem that the people knocked out in earlier rounds by the cheater may be more deserving of the win than the person who lost in the last round.
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 07:29
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    And also the problem that the people knocked out in earlier rounds by the cheater may be more deserving of the win than the person who lost in the last round.
    That is valid.

skeeter
  10. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 07:401 edit
    i think the way it is at the moment is ok ... sometimes noone gets it ... sometimes someone does - check this out: Tournament 467, currently Quirine is given the win!
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 03:05
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Good point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree