1. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    11 Mar '03 15:42
    Okay, we have a lot of tournaments on the go at the moment.
    (The New Joiners one is a great idea which, in theory, could be repeated every 3 months, given enough new members).
    But, assuming new ones will be started all the time, what about some class tournaments?
    We already have On the Up, Clash of the Titans, and Mid Table Ruckus which are limited by rating.
    But, maybe a range of Tournaments, <1200, 1200-1400, 1400-1600, 1600+ would be good.
    This would give the more lowly a chance at winning something. The only problem would be new members who are underated winning the low classes, but maybe a minimum of 20 games could be specified?
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    11 Mar '03 16:38
    Originally posted by Varg
    This would give the more lowly a chance at winning something. The only problem would be new members who are underated winning the low classes, but maybe a minimum of 20 games could be specified?
    I love this idea...
    anyone knows why ? 😉
    th
  3. Joined
    29 Nov '01
    Moves
    27 Mar '03 19:38
    Originally posted by Varg
    Okay, we have a lot of tournaments on the go at the moment.
    (The New Joiners one is a great idea which, in theory, could be repeated every 3 months, given enough new members).
    But, assuming new ones will be started all the time, what about some class tournaments?
    We already have On the Up, Clash of the Titans, and Mid Table Ruckus which are limited by rating ...[text shortened]... who are underated winning the low classes, but maybe a minimum of 20 games could be specified?
    Your suggestion about a minimun number of completed games to play, so to avoid very strong new low rated players that will be rated 1700+ in short order, is one worthy of strong consideration.

Too, offering class tournaments is a very good idea. I would like to suggest that tournaments with a large number of players be divided into large groups during the preliminary round that would permit both the 1st and 2nd place finisher to reach the finals. This is commonly done in regular postal chess to get the numbers needed for the finals without having to play a semi-final round.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree