Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member fatzfoxwell
    Fatz Foxwell
    06 Nov '04 08:52
    I joined a tournament group. How do I get matched? When do I get matched? Will I be playing the game on my home page or do I have to another part of the site to play a tournament game. I'm a provisional player, so will I be disqualified from participating in a tournament?

Thanks for reading this.

Fatz
  2. 06 Nov '04 13:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by fatzfoxwell
    I joined a tournament group. How do I get matched? When do I get matched? Will I be playing the game on my home page or do I have to another part of the site to play a tournament game. I'm a provisional player, so will I be disquali ...[text shortened]... participating in a tournament?

Thanks for reading this.

Fatz
    How you get matched depends on what type of tournament you are in. If it is all verses all, you play everyone at the same time. Others are grouped by numbers of players devided by the number of determined rounds to declair a winner. For the most part here, and I may be wrong, is that if it is not a rating class tournament you will have to play players that may excede your rating by a substantial margin, if this happens you don't have much chance of winning. In the real world tournaments are set up like the following example:

RATING CLASSES: EVERYONE CAN WIN

In most events, you don't have to win the tournament to win a prize- you can win a class prize as a top scorer of your rating group, or a section prize in a section restricted to your rating group. These groups are:

Senior Master 2400 & up, Master 2200-2399, Expert 2000-2199, Class A 1800-1999, Class B 1600-1799, Class C 1400-1599, Class D 1200-1399, Class E 1000-1199, Class F 800-999, Class G 600-799, Class H 400-599, Class I 200-399, Class J Under 200.

Personally I would like to see the tournaments set up this way. I don't know if they are or if there have been any.

Hope I did not confuse you too much.

Mike
  3. Standard member fatzfoxwell
    Fatz Foxwell
    06 Nov '04 18:34
    manty thanks -- I just got a load of games with little red trophies in my playing area so I guess the juggernaut is rolling.

Fatz
  4. 06 Nov '04 19:45
    Originally posted by fatzfoxwell
    manty thanks -- I just got a load of games with little red trophies in my playing area so I guess the juggernaut is rolling.

Fatz
    Have fun, and good luck.

Mike