Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 30 Jun '06 09:34
    Hi I have just joined and am playing my 20 games so that I can start to play in some of the Tournaments. I have been playing chess for some time, but never a Tournament so I am not farmiliar with the types of Tournament. Is there somewhere on the site which gives a description of Tournament types as I cannot find it?

Thanks

Maspry
  2. 30 Jun '06 09:54
    Originally posted by Maspry
    Hi I have just joined and am playing my 20 games so that I can start to play in some of the Tournaments. I have been playing chess for some time, but never a Tournament so I am not farmiliar with the types of Tournament. Is there somewhere on the site which gives a description of Tournament types as I cannot find it?

Thanks

Maspry
    click on the tournaments page, you'll see the description of each tournament there.
  3. 30 Jun '06 10:07
    Originally posted by trevor33
    click on the tournaments page, you'll see the description of each tournament there.
    Sorry, I meen is there a page that tells you the difference between Banded Quartets, Grouped Banded, Mini Sprint Split, etc. I perhaps just need to play a few and get used to them I guess.

Thanks for the reply.

Maspry.
  4. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    30 Jun '06 11:19
    Originally posted by Maspry
    Sorry, I meen is there a page that tells you the difference between Banded Quartets, Grouped Banded, Mini Sprint Split, etc. I perhaps just need to play a few and get used to them I guess.

Thanks for the reply.

Maspry.
    Well when a tournament has "banded" in the title, it means that you can only play if you are within a certain rating band. Quartets mean that there will be four players in your group.
  5. 30 Jun '06 12:09
    I think I am getting the idea looking at some of them, thanks for the replys! Looking forward to meeting you in some!

Cheers

Maspry.